New Pool Need Guidance with chemicals

It certainly won’t hurt and if you don’t need anything when you test, the peace of mind alone was worth your effort. Brush up the testing area good before, so you aren’t testing untreated rain water.

I started off draining inches at a time and eventually that turned to feet to buy more time in between. We will get about 3 ft total of rain and melted snow in the off season. It’s your choice if you want to drain 3 inches 12 times, 18 inches twice, etc.
thank you. just turned on the pump that sitting on the steps. Pool is filled to the top, got so much rain.

Reactions: Newdude
Pool is filled to the top, got so much rain.
It was insane for SURE. Like I said I eventually got lazy and just drained more at a time. Well. I was lazy the whole time but just kept pushing my drainage amounts. Lol. Days like yesterday didn’t matter when I had 18 inches to spare. :)

Keep an eye on the long range forecast too. Drain a good deal right before the freeze hits and you should have enough to make it through until it thaws. Once it freezes you do not touch it at all until it completely melts. The melting ice can be razor sharp and slash the liner if you shift it. So start low when the time comes and let it ride. (y)

Reactions: SunnyP2000
It was insane for SURE. Like I said I eventually got lazy and just drained more at a time. Well. I was lazy the whole time but just kept pushing my drainage amounts. Lol. Days like yesterday didn’t matter when I had 18 inches to spare. :)
I definitely have to drain at least 12-15 inches today. pool is filled to max.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.