New pool (first time) build in DFW (Current Phase: POOL COMPLETED!!)

Question, on your toe tiles -- do you see grout between them or plaster?

They did ours and some parts are covered with plaster while others show grout. They are saying oh we will just clean the plaster out so you only see grout. I'm under the impression i shouldnt see the grout at all .
Funny you ask we had the same concern.. they told we would see plaster, but we actually see the grout.. I thought it would be a big deal but its not really as its under water and you really cannot tell.

TimeLine
Early June 2021 Started contacting pool builders and reviewing proposals
July 17th 2021 - Signed Contract with PB2 (See quote below) Contract Signed!
July 20th 2021 - Downloaded and learned to use Pool Studio
September 23rd 2021 - County and City Permits approved
November 22nd 2021 - Excavation has begun!
November 29th - Plumbing
December 2nd 2021 - Steel
December 6th 2021 - Gunite applied!
December 8th 2021 - Tile Installed
December 16th 2021 - Electric Installed
December 22nd 2021 - Water Feature and coping installed
January 25th 2022 - Deck Forms laid out
February 11th 2022 - Deck poured and concrete stamped
February 28th 2022 - Fence Installed!
March 25th 2022 - Plaster applied
March 28th 2022 - POOL COMPLETED!!!!!

Hello everyone, my wife and I are very close to pulling the trigger on a new pool here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. This forum has been an invaluable source of information, and so glad I found it when I did as we have zero experience with pools and this will be our first! We have talked with 4 different pool builders in the DFW area, and have narrowed the selection down to two different builders. I would love to get the forums feedback in the two quotes we are considering. Thanks all!!

PB 1 (Pool Builder 1)

Basics
:
  • 35'x17' geometric pool, tanning ledge, Wall with three 2' sheer descent, 3.5' shallow, sloped to 6' in deepend 120' perimeter, 676 sf, 24,082 gallons
  • HotTub/SPA: 38 sq Ft, 6 jets, Master temp 400 Heater, 1 LED
  • Soil Prep: Not recommending soil injections based off of experience in area.
  • Structure: 4 bar box 1/2", Steel , 3/8 steel on walls and flow 10” inch centers, no documentation on thickness
  • Plumbing: PVC Routed around the Pool, No heat bending, 2 drains, 2 skimmers, 4 returns,
  • Plaster: Pebble
  • Lights: 3x Globrite color LED lights
  • Equipment: Pentair Cartridge filter 520, Pentair SVRS Pump, Superflo 2hp booster pump, EZ Touch 8 with Salt
  • Sanitation: Intellichlor Salt Chlorine generator
  • Pool Cleaner: Pentair Racer Cleaner
Decking:
  • ~1085 sf salt texture

Payment Schedule:

• Down payment - 500
  • Due at start of Excavation - 35%
  • Due at start of Gunite - 30%
  • Due at start of coping - 30%
  • Due at start of Plaster - 5%
Warranties:
  • 3 year Pentair Equipment
  • 10 year Structure
  • Unclear on other warranties based on paperwork we have
=======================================================================================================================

PB 2 (Pool Builder 2)

Basics

• 35'x17' geometric pool, tanning ledge, Wall with three 2' sheer descent, 3.5' shallow, sloped to 6' in deepend 120' perimeter, 676 sf, 24,082 gallons
  • Hottub/SPA: 56 sq Ft, 8 jets, Jandy JXi 4000 Heater, 1 LED. Looped plumbing to balance jet performance. VGB main drain for plumbing.
  • Soil Prep: Soil Injections Included under pool and decking. fill gravel to separate plumbing from gunnite and to keep water from ponding under pool structure
  • Plumbing: PVC Routed 24" under the Pool, uses heat bending, 2 drains, 2 skimmers, 5 returns,
  • Structure: 5 bar box 1/2", Steel 10” centers. 8”-10” inch thick floors and walls
  • Plaster: Pebble
  • Lights: 3x Spectrun360 color LED lights, 1 LED in tanning ledge bubbler
  • Equipment: Jandy 2.7HP circulation pump, Jandy 2.0 HP booster, 580 Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy PDA PS6 controller, Auqualink IQ20A
  • Sanitation: Jandy Aqua Pure Salt System PLC1400C
  • Cleaner: MayTronics Dolphin M600
Decking:
  • ~1085 sf salt texture
Payment Schedule:

• Down payment - 1000
  • Due at start of Excavation - 35%
  • Due at start of Gunite - 30%
  • Due at start of coping - 30%
  • Due at start of Plaster - 5%
Warranties:
  • 3 year Jandy Equipment
  • Lifetime Structure
  • 1 year workmanship
Congratulations. Please share what interior finish brand and color you chose. We are having to redo ours and going in a very different direction. We are particularly interested in Pebble sheen arctic white or cool blue and pebble brilliance Glacier Bay but want to gather as much information. Thank you, Ellen M

Reactions: joel98z
Congratulations. Please share what interior finish brand and color you chose. We are having to redo ours and going in a very different direction. We are particularly interested in Pebble sheen arctic white or cool blue and pebble brilliance Glacier Bay but want to gather as much information. Thank you, Ellen M
Ellen, the interior finish is call Tahoe Blue river sand peble .. I am not sure what company makes it.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ellen, the interior finish is call Tahoe Blue river sand peble .. I am not sure what company makes it.
Thank you. And the upgraded test kit is great. The owner (whose daughter now runs the bulk of the company) also gave us a training over the phone. He was wonderful.

Funny you ask we had the same concern.. they told we would see plaster, but we actually see the grout.. I thought it would be a big deal but its not really as its under water and you really cannot tell.
Same here, except our grout is dark grey, so it makes it kind of look like the grout is actually algae to me. Not sure what color your grout is. I actually think you live down the road from me, I think i have seen your pool driving past.

Same here, except our grout is dark grey, so it makes it kind of look like the grout is actually algae to me. Not sure what color your grout is. I actually think you live down the road from me, I think i have seen your pool driving past.
Our grout is grey as well. We are in the Wylie / St Paul area..

Reactions: JADUDE
Wow, that was a fun video to watch. Great job on putting together the video. If you know the company and name of the specific interior finish you chose, please let me know. Your choice is beautiful. Hope you are enjoying as many days as you can swimming. Ellen M

• Love
Wow, that was a fun video to watch. Great job on putting together the video. If you know the company and name of the specific interior finish you chose, please let me know. Your choice is beautiful. Hope you are enjoying as many days as you can swimming. Ellen M
Oops..I just saw in re-reading the thread taht I had asked you before and you answered Tahoe Blue. Thank you again, Ellen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.