New Pool Construction - Leander, TX

What is your thoughts on having concrete and synthetic turf mixed for decking ? Do I need to have decco drain still where backside of house meets the concrete and the turf ?

Last edited:
I’m building a new pool 36*18 without an infloor cleaning system. I’m planning to use two Venturi skimmers. What are your thoughts on Venturi skimmers without infloor system. Is that still an good option ?

I can’t find Venturi skimmer online. Any place to get them ?

Last edited:

The question is why?

I have two regular Hayward skimmers and they work great with my pump running at only 1200 RPM.. For me anyway, I can't see how a "fancy" skimmer will work any better that what I have right now. They don't call it "Marketing" for nothing... :mrgreen:

Have you ever had a pool before? Did you have a problem with skimming?

In my mind it just makes the plumbing that much more complex, when it can be dirt simple.

Let's see if we can get one of our Venturi owners to chime in...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: srikantheee84
I think the venturi skimmers are sort of gimmickry. Properly placed skimmers and pool returns work just as well. And I think pool circulation is better when returns and skimmers are separated,

I would get a drain system where the top is removable so you can clean dirt out from the drain. I don't think the Deck-O-Drain product has a removable top.

Dirt will wash into the the drains and clog them over time. Especially if around turf. You need and easy way of cleaning them out or they will become ineffective.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m planning to have 8 jets in 7*7 spa using a single 3HP VSF pump which will be operating in pool mode and spa mode along with 2HP blower. My question is will 8 jets have enough water pressure or do I need to have 6 jets instead ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
It depends on what jets you are getting and the plumbing design. With 8 jets, you will most likely need a minimum of 3" plumbing and a separate jet pump from the main circulation pump. There is too much head loss in the the filter and heater to support 8 jets with a single pump unless you go with 1/4" jets and use a bypass.

The hydrostatic valve is a valve all on its own, not combined with the main drains. The valve is to allow ground water to enter the empty pool, like when work is being done, so that the pool won't pop up out of the ground.

Main drains are plumbed back to the equipment.

How high is your ground water in Austin? If you were in Houston area I'd say you need it but I don't know about Austin. Ask your builder or get one for peace of mind.

Maddie :flower:

Why don't you install a dedicated spa jet pump? Then you can have 8 jets and good water pressure.

Main pump supplies filtered heated water to the spa through separate returns. Spa jet pump circulates the water through the jets.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.