New Pool Construction - Leander, TX

BFBF5186-DBC7-4258-BD8C-A0D43B4DC344.jpeg
Looking for recommendations for placing channel drain/ decco drain. Concrete will be poured covering all the down spouts. Please let me know your thoughts.

Looking for recommendations for placing channel drain/ decco drain.

Place the channel drains between to house and the pool.

Use channel drains that have a removeable top and can be opened and cleaned out. Use wide channel drains that will not clog easily with debris.

Concrete will be poured covering all the down spouts.

What does that mean? Down spouts from where?

Place the channel drains between to house and the pool.

Use channel drains that have a removeable top and can be opened and cleaned out. Use wide channel drains that will not clog easily with debris.

What does that mean? Down spouts from where?
My question was whether it needs to placed throughout the perimeter of the pool and house or only few places ? In this case I might need to have through out backside of the house. Do you have any recommendation for channel drains ? I'm thinking about using something like pouralid channel drain - Pouralid Channel Drain System. Also, running channel drain throughout the perimeter might cost me over $1000 :-(

Last edited:
My question was whether it needs to placed throughout the perimeter of the pool and house or only few places ? In this case I might need to have through out backside of the house.

You are trying to keep water from flowing to your house. Any areas without a drain will be a channel for water to get to your slab and doorways.

The deck should be sloped away from the house and away from the pool towards the drains.

Depending on the position of the drains and your house roof overhang water coming off your roof may flow into the drains or if after the drains you will have the roof runoff into the pool.

Do you have gutters on your roof?

You have to consider water flow and water management along the deck between the house and the pool and where the water will flow to.

Do you have any recommendation for channel drains ? I'm thinking about using something like pouralid channel drain - Pouralid Channel Drain System.

I have no experience with them.

Also, running channel drain throughout the perimeter might cost me over $1000 :-(

Water damage will cost a lot more then that.

You are trying to keep water from flowing to your house. Any areas without a drain will be a channel for water to get to your slab and doorways.

The deck should be sloped away from the house and away from the pool towards the drains.

Depending on the position of the drains and your house roof overhang water coming off your roof may flow into the drains or if after the drains you will have the roof runoff into the pool.

Do you have gutters on your roof?

You have to consider water flow and water management along the deck between the house and the pool and where the water will flow to.

I have no experience with them.

Water damage will cost a lot more then that.
Yes. I do have gutters throughout the house. In the attached picture I have marked the down spouts.

Attachments

• BFBF5186-DBC7-4258-BD8C-A0D43B4DC344.jpeg
    BFBF5186-DBC7-4258-BD8C-A0D43B4DC344.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 3
Does water overflow your gutters in heavy rain?

I’m doing a owner build, gunite is done with two waterfall feature using bottom port on the raised wall, pvc is capped off for now. I’m planning to use CMP Brilliant Wonder LED 24” with 6” lip bottom port. Since it is really difficult to find bottom port anywhere, is it possible to buy back port and changing the plumbing somehow ? What options do I have ?

Last edited:
I’m doing a owner build, gunite is done with two waterfall feature using bottom port on the raised wall, pvc is capped off for now. I’m planning to use CMP Brilliant Wonder LED 24” with 6” lip bottom port. Since it is really difficult to find bottom port anywhere, is it possible to buy back port and changing the plumbing somehow ? What options do I have ?
You probably will need to modify the back wall gunite and plumbing where you will use the back port waterfall.

Have you obtained the back port waterfall?

I would have on hand whatever you are using before making any modifications.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You probably will need to modify the back wall gunite and plumbing where you will use the back port waterfall.

Have you obtained the back port waterfall?

I would have on hand whatever you are using before making any modifications.
No. I don’t. I’ll get it if that change is doable. Which you’re saying it can be done.

No. I don’t. I’ll get it if that change is doable. Which you’re saying it can be done.

Any change is doable with enough money, a jackhammer, and some more concrete and PVC.

The waterfall area is not structural.

Reactions: srikantheee84
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.