New Pool Construction - Leander, TX

2cents.. We did two pumps... one to 4 spa jets (Filter pump) and one to 5 spa jets (dedicated jet pump)...

If I could do it over again since we have a spillway... I would have all jets dedicated to one higher powered pump with right sized pipes suction & return and the filter pump used to just send filtered/sanitized water to the spa for return water only and not driving the jets.

We went with paramount jets and the filter pump just isn't enough power especially when going through filter and heater.... the heater bypass was missed and will be added to the heater to take it out the loop when not needed so we will see if performance will improve for the 3 jets but i'm not expecting a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: srikantheee84
I would not place returns close to skimmers. It will create short circuits with the skimmer taking in most of its water from the near return and blocking water flow from the far returns. Delete those two returns and have three returns on one side of the pool that flow to the two skimmers on the other side of the pool. You will never get that nice flow that your arrows show.

sritantE.jpeg

I would not place returns close to skimmers. It will create short circuits with the skimmer taking in most of its water from the near return and blocking water flow from the far returns. Delete those two returns and have three returns on one side of the pool that flow to the two skimmers on the other side of the pool. You will never get that nice flow that your arrows show.

View attachment 381984
I looked at prevailing wind and it’s south and my house is facing north and blocking half of the pool. I have RBB on the other side. If I go by prevailing wind then I should have it on the RBB wall. How about the attached one ?

Attachments

• 77A4E001-5AE0-4478-B088-19AA4021D1E8.jpeg
    77A4E001-5AE0-4478-B088-19AA4021D1E8.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 13
I looked at prevailing wind and it’s south and my house is facing north and blocking half of the pool. I have RBB on the other side. If I go by prevailing wind then I should have it on the RBB wall. How about the attached one ?

I think the skimmer to the left is worthless as a skimmer and you will end up with poor skimming and surface debris accumulating on your RBB. Winds are more powerful then any return water circulation.

You have the challenge of compromising design versus function. I always choose function first.

I think the skimmer to the left is worthless as a skimmer and you will end up with poor skimming and surface debris accumulating on your RBB. Winds are more powerful then any return water circulation.

You have the challenge of compromising design versus function. I always choose function first.
Where do you recommend having them along with the returns ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm planning to have 2" coping and concrete decking of about 9' to the deck drains. What do you think would be form height to be set for ideal slope ? Thanks!

Last edited:
Is it ok to cover the hole during rain using tarp after excavation and rebar ? What are your thoughts ? Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes it’s a good idea to cover the walls if a heavy rain is expected. Erosion will deposit mud from the walls to the floor of the pool and need to be removed to maintain a 3” clearance around the steel cage, also the eroded walls will have to be replaced with Shotcrete at an additional cost.

Yes it’s a good idea to cover the walls if a heavy rain is expected. Erosion will deposit mud from the walls to the floor of the pool and need to be removed to maintain a 3” clearance around the steel cage, also the eroded walls will have to be replaced with Shotcrete at an additional cost.
This soil seems be really loose. Any precautions needed ? Thanks! @AQUA~HOLICS / @ajw22

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.