New Pool Construction - Leander, TX

Did you ever find a contractor? If not, I'm going to update your thread title in hopes of getting more views. It might also help to describe what work you need performed. Feel free to post back as much as needed until you get your issues resolved.
Not yet. I’m still looking. It’s for new pool build. I updated the description as well.

If no one from from the ATX area replies to this thread, you might give Lonestar (Fiberglass) Pools a call. They're in New Braunfels, but might be able to give you a reference or two of contractors they use. Something to get started with close to your area.

If no one from from the ATX area replies to this thread, you might give Lonestar (Fiberglass) Pools a call. They're in New Braunfels, but might be able to give you a reference or two of contractors they use. Something to get started with close to your area.
Sounds good. Thank you!

Reactions: Texas Splash
I'm not in Austin, but I asked my excavator, then the steel guy and gunite company for a list of subs. They all had the same contacts. So worth a shot? Even a pool remodel company might have their own plumbers or can give you a number.
yes please. i'll send you my phone number DM. Thanks :)

I think you miss understood. What I meant was when building our pool, I asked the excavator for a good plumber. He recommended a company. As a matter of fact he had almost every trade i needed. Plumber, steel, plaster, electrician. When contacting the Gunite/Shotcrete company, they offered a list of recommended subs. The two lists matched. Just trying to give you a direction for your hunt. Don't know anyone particular in your area but may try asking your excavator (if you have one) or any other sub contractor you have lined up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Could you please help me decide whether to go with 12v vs 120v led pool light for a new pool construction ?

Last edited:

The 12 volt LED light requires an external stepdown transformer at the equipment pad..

The 120 volt LED light steps the voltage down inside the pool light itself..

In my mind, it does not matter much, as they will both only last about 10 microseconds before going bad... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Note that most 120V pool LED lights such as the Pentair Intellibrite 5G simply have the 120V to 12V stepdown transformer in the light fixture.

I would do 12V lights and have an external transformer. The less you have in the pool the better and it reduces the heat the light generates which can effect the life of the light.

Reactions: mnmpizza
What coping do y'll recommended for a salt water pool coping - Travertine or Lueders ? Do they need to be sealed ?
I'm planning to have Texas limestone for RBB and Spa. Will there be any problems with salt water pool ?

Not sure if it is an option, but we did a sandblasted marble for our coping and travertine for decking.

Really happy with the choice because the finish is very non-slip, and yet it is not "grabby" on the bathing suits.20210520_114741.jpg

Reactions: srikantheee84
We did tumbled marble for our coping and love it 😀 Definitely want to seal travertine or marble though. Cheap insurance policy and you can do it yourself.... We're using Siloxa-Tek 8500 and you can just use like a pump sprayer to apply.

Back Center - 11-10-2021, 1.16.29pm.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
We did tumbled marble for our coping and love it 😀 Definitely want to seal travertine or marble though. Cheap insurance policy and you can do it yourself.... We're using Siloxa-Tek 8500 and you can just use like a pump sprayer to apply.

View attachment 381512
Awesome. Good to know! Your interior finish looks great. May I know what is it ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.