New pool build in NJ (2/16/23)

FuturePoolOwner

Sep 22, 2022
New Jersey, United States
UPDATE 1: SEE POST #14 FOR FILTER PAD AND PLUMBING

Hello all,

I am embarking on the pool building process. Excavation started and finished today just before some rain hit. Pool kit and installation comes next week. I will be asking tons of questions during this process. Appreciate everyones help and I hope this thread will help future pool owners. Will update thread as progress is made.

40' x 32' x 16' true-L vinyl liner pool with steel walls.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pool excavation.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Take a mess load of pictures
Mondo +1.

Mine already came in handy a few times in the first couple months. I even laid a tape measure out for many of them to know the pipe in question is X ft from the foundation of the house, pool wall, etc. They're saved forever in the cloud.

I trenched this irritation pipe 64 inches from the house. This will be huge if I'm ever breaking up patio to get to it.

Screenshot_20230216_175409_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The PB says there will be Jandy never lube valves at the filter pad but for each of the lines coming back he uses a Praher valve. Says the Praher valves are easily replaceable and the Praher valves I would only be turning twice a year (at opening and closing). He says he can do all Jandy but it will be more trouble than its worth for me if I need to replace them in the future.

The PB says there will be Jandy never lube valves at the filter pad but for each of the lines coming back he uses a Praher valve. Says the Praher valves are easily replaceable and the Praher valves I would only be turning twice a year (at opening and closing). He says he can do all Jandy but it will be more trouble than its worth for me if I need to replace them in the future.
A couple of links, just in case you haven't seen them already:

It sounds like they want to use the Jandy valves on the suction side, and the Praher ball valves on the return side. I did all Jandy on mine, but your PB is correct that I only ever turn the return side valves 'on' or 'off'. It looks like the Praher valves can be rebuilt down the line too, so probably not a huge deal.

Concrete collar was poured yesterday ~3pm temp in low 50s. 11 yards total with depth concrete collar ranging from 8 inches to 10 inches

Overnight the temperature dropped to 33 degrees for a few hours beginning at 2 AM and there was some light snow ~1 inch! Nothing frozen, woke up to a light amount of snow over the grass but everything was melted on driveway and concrete collar. However, there were some areas in collar with water puddling to about ~1-2 inches. Temps came back up to high 40s.

PB says it will be fine. Though, nothing can be done about it at this point. Is the collar screwed? Ugh...

c1.jpgc2.jpg

c3.jpgc4.jpg

You're going to be just fine. Temps were warm enough to start the curing process when it was poured. Air temps didn't even get below freezing, and ground temps have been so warm that I doubt the moisture in the concrete ever got even close to freezing. It's going to slow down the curing process, but that's fine.

Electric to filter pad trenched 200 feet completed.

Getting fencing quotes. Will be aluminum fence. My backyard is pretty large and the fence is mainly for keeping my kids out of pool area as my yard is not fenced.

What space do you all recommend between patio and where fence starts. I'm thinking about putting in some evergreens and perennials, maybe 3 feet.

Also recommendations on gate width? Plan to put in 2 gates, one to enter the pool area via 6 feet wide walkway and a second in the back near the filter pad.

4' vs 5' height fence?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support