New pool build in NH

I'd of never expected that blue out of a black liner with the sun on it. It looks great!!! I bet it's really black at night though! :shock:

doobs41378 said:
FamilyGuy said:
Wow looks great

Thank you! We have made a few changes since these pictures were taken, the skimmer covers and gaskets are now black, had to have the gaskets special made and they fit right over the white ones so you cannot see the screws. Pretty slick.
Pics? Would love to see an update.
Can you see any seams at all? Can you photo the stairs?
Thanks in advance.
:cheers:
Bq

BQ said:
doobs41378 said:
FamilyGuy said:
Wow looks great

Pics? Would love to see an update.
Can you see any seams at all? Can you photo the stairs?
Thanks in advance.
:cheers:
Bq

The last picture on page 1 is of the stairs, if you are looking for something other than that I can try and get that for you. The seams can be noticed at times. I will try and take pictures of the black covers etc when I get a free moment.

I see a tiny seam at the bottom of one of the steps, but it's totally unnoticeable. I was at a pool today that was installed last fall and I could see white seams through the colored liner and it looked pretty bad to me.
Are you having any regrets with the dark liner?
It is one of my top choices, but my wife wants to see one in person to really get the look. My pool builders I've spoken to, haven't done a black one (Southern MA).
So that's why I'm trying to get as much info from your experience.
thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BQ said:
I see a tiny seam at the bottom of one of the steps, but it's totally unnoticeable. I was at a pool today that was installed last fall and I could see white seams through the colored liner and it looked pretty bad to me.
Are you having any regrets with the dark liner?
It is one of my top choices, but my wife wants to see one in person to really get the look. My pool builders I've spoken to, haven't done a black one (Southern MA).
So that's why I'm trying to get as much info from your experience.
thanks

No regrets at all with the dark color liner. My pool builder ( from MA ) as well told me I wouldnt like it as I would be able to see all the dirt much easier etc. I have Polaris 280 and a swg and to be honest have not had to vacuum it once since I got it with the exception of the coping day. My seams are not white in the least. I would have no issue if you wanted to come and look at it as I am in southern NH. As said in an earlier post get 2 lights with the darker liner and if you want the darker gasket covers etc then those can be very hard to find. Hayward made mine and they took like 3 months to receive.

Can you give details on how the coping was done? Thats exactly what I have been looking to see. I think it makes the liner pool look so much better. Do you remember the colors and brand of pavers you used? Planning to build next year. I am definitely saving this in my portfolio of ideas!

joallen001 said:
Can you give details on how the coping was done? Thats exactly what I have been looking to see. I think it makes the liner pool look so much better. Do you remember the colors and brand of pavers you used? Planning to build next year. I am definitely saving this in my portfolio of ideas!

They are made by Techo Bloc. I am not positive of color but I doubt they have tons of gray coping choices so should be pretty easy to narrow down when you go to buy them. The coping blocks come with rounded edges so they lay it out, make thier cuts for the odd shaped ones and pieces, then they mortar them to the base and then in between. It took 3 guys 2 days to do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.