New Pool Build in League City, TX

4ST

Mar 28, 2017
League City, TX
We got gunite on Thursday, watered that night and 3x on Friday. There was a thunderstorm last night and today our water is almost neon green and it seems to be staining where it is weeping near the dry plumbing. I’m not so much worried about the weeping as I am about the color, is this normal?

Attachments

Last edited:

jdisauwg

Gold Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Houston
I am not sure about normal, but ours looked like that after a few days, we got our gunite on Monday and they finished Tuesday morning. Now our turned from greenish to mud color.

Reactions: 4ST

Jimmie48

Dec 13, 2019
Frisco, TX
Oh you will see some weird colored water for sure...no worries at all...enjoy your neon pool for the time being. I remember when ours was almost like a milky blue/green at some point.

• Haha

Jbrillo

Gold Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
League City, Texas
Our was different shades of green when it had water sitting in it from various rain storms. It’ll be fine. They’ll pump it out when they com to tile your pool. For now, enjoy watering three times a day!!!

4ST

Mar 28, 2017
League City, TX
Plumbing was started this morning and equipment dropped off this afternoon. They said they’ll be back to hook everything up in the morning. I panicked a little about the valves behind the pool but the PB said they’ll be buried with valve boxes. (They’re to adjust the scuppers individually at startup to ensure even flow since they’re are different distances from the equipment)

Attachments