New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

It was very cool! There were 2 guys, they were dressed alike. Both had masks. They would exhale all the air in their lungs and sink to the bottom to work. They had sander disks. Or that's what they reminded me of. They were buffing high points. The guy in the picture had a squeeze bottle of acid. He said there were 2 spots where they left "cream" during the acid wash.

Neat to watch for sure

It's definitely smoother. But they said they wanted to talk to headquarters about re-buffing the entire pool. (I think that's what they said). They said the office would call me to schedule. I'm hoping they aren't talking about draining. :(

I have enjoyed your photos of pool project ,
I see you are part of an HOA and have got flack for your propane tank here is and idea for you to have it blend into your surrounding landscape . You can also Google painted propane tanks or wraps
3e8a1895be46231a10a3523cb0f10b8c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have enjoyed your photos of pool project ,
I see you are part of an HOA and have got flack for your propane tank here is and idea for you to have it blend into your surrounding landscape . You can also Google painted propane tanks or wraps
3e8a1895be46231a10a3523cb0f10b8c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG that is AMAZING!!!!!! That would cause some major flack, I am sure! LOVE it!

Those propane wraps are hysterical!!! I'm LMAO!!! I'll have to check to see if there's a blue smurf wrap! My HOA would have a cardiac over anything like that. I love the raccoon wrap and would use it in a heartbeat if I didn't have an HOA! But, I don't even have a propane tank, but now I wish I did!!!! My son would want some sort of purple wrap to put in the front yard. Ever since we got letters on the leaves in our yard and the mailbox door not closing properly, he's been wanting to buy a big blow-up purple elephant for the front. I have a feeling when I depart, he will do just that!

Those are AWESOME!

Thanks for the big laugh,
Suz.

My HOA would flip out too. I have to build a fence to completely hide it! But I think it is so cute! HOA makes me really dislike living in a subdivision. I can't even have a garden if it can be seen from the road. So stupid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They can dictate certain things in the backyard - AND if anything can be seen from the road or common areas - it has to be completely screened. So right now - we have a privacy fence around a large part of our back yard - we have a full acre - and it is mostly wooded. But from the side (through neighbors back yards) you can see - so we are having to add privacy fences around that. - and that is the area that we would have a garden - it is nice and open but if you are on the side road - you could see it through the neighbors back yard - so we would have to do a privacy fence along that side too. We really don't want the entire area privacy fenced. The property out here is beautiful and we love to be able to see all the trees, wildlife, etc that having the wood/wire fences but oh well.

A good HOA will balance what is allowed and what isn't. My son loves to go to garage sales, and I've come to better appreciate our HOA. Some neighborhoods that start off so cute can end up looking pretty ratty. It's a shame. My home hits probably the mid average of housing prices in the Houston area. But there is a neighborhood that is adjacent to ours. It's quite large, and the homes are probably about $50-75K less than the average home in our neighborhood. And it looks great - in some ways better than ours. They have an HOA and an active community. People love it there, so the HOA must not be too strict.

But I've read some horror stories of HOA's in Texas. Here, they CAN and WILL take your home away in certain situations. I'm sure there are 2 different sides to the story, but I don't think your home should be taken away from you by an HOA.

Well, that's my bit about HOA's. You can tell I'm just stalling waiting for the Big Trucks.!
Suz.

I agree Suz! I don't want people to do and have things that will make it look trashy - so I get it - BUT I want it both ways - I think I have great taste and want to be able to do what I want! I can't even pain my house unless it is an approved color. BLAH

OK guys I am thinking maybe my pool has cured . . . my numbers are starting to stabilize - in the past - every day the numbers could jump up down - crazy - really make you feel like you don't know how to test :p

My PH has been raising daily - pretty much every other day I was having to add acid to drop it back down. But for the past 6 days my PH is 7.5 My CL is staying around 7 (using the drop test) - the quick test only goes up to 5 - so I don't even understand why we have it. But anyway.

PH 7.5
CL 7
CC 0
My CH is 300
TA is 70
CYA is 30-40 (I FINALLY have enough that the dot disappears - but I am not sure what reading to do. The dot gets fuzzy and I have to focus and move it around to try to see it at 30 - if I go up to 40 it is gone for good. What reading would you put?

So - if this is true and my pool continues to hold numbers, from my understanding that means my Pebble Tec has cured? I could ask for pool school now if I wanted - or I can wait and let them keep providing all the chemicals to treat the pool.

Do my numbers look ok (for a brand new pool that is adjusting and getting a LOT of swimmer load)?

OK guys I am thinking maybe my pool has cured . . . my numbers are starting to stabilize - in the past - every day the numbers could jump up down - crazy - really make you feel like you don't know how to test :p

My PH has been raising daily - pretty much every other day I was having to add acid to drop it back down. But for the past 6 days my PH is 7.5 My CL is staying around 7 (using the drop test) - the quick test only goes up to 5 - so I don't even understand why we have it. But anyway.

PH 7.5
CL 7
CC 0
My CH is 300
TA is 70
CYA is 30-40 (I FINALLY have enough that the dot disappears - but I am not sure what reading to do. The dot gets fuzzy and I have to focus and move it around to try to see it at 30 - if I go up to 40 it is gone for good. What reading would you put?

So - if this is true and my pool continues to hold numbers, from my understanding that means my Pebble Tec has cured? I could ask for pool school now if I wanted - or I can wait and let them keep providing all the chemicals to treat the pool.

Do my numbers look ok (for a brand new pool that is adjusting and getting a LOT of swimmer load)?

Not bad, and maybe you are close. The main driver keeping your pH steady is the 70 TA, here or a little less is where it's often good for a majority of folks to have more stable pH. I would call the Cya 40 and plan your FC Dose for that once you start. Overall, it sounds like you are doing well, and I take it you are getting FC from the Raibow still? Its fine for now, but as you can see before long your Cya will be near high limit. I would not let it go above 50. Ask for the pool school now, (show them up with your kit and what you know already :) ) and get clear instruction what they may expect to honor finish warranty. If I missed something, post back up and let me know... You're doing great for now Wendy. Oh, the Cya test. A little tricky to get the feel of, but do your best not to try too hard seeing the dot. Its a weird one kinda, but youll get good at it.

Patrick, yes, I am getting the CL from the inline chlorinator. It sucks that it adds junk to the pool - because it is so easy to use - I really hate that it is a bad thing. Someone needs to come up with a puck that doesn't have junk in it. My PB did forbid me from buying tabs from walmart/general stores. He said they put too much junk in the pool. I really wanted to speak up when he said that and say, "exactly! That is why I want to do "liquid chlorine"." But alas I am a chicken and will probably wait until he releases me.

I don't like CYA test. I feel like it is hard to be exact and that I am making up the result ;)

Thats ok for now. When did they say they would release you? (that sounds so sinister) :)

Unfortunately, they cannot make such Chlorine, as it has to be bound to something in dry form. Calcium and Cyanuric acid are the common binders sad to say....:(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.