New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

They haven't really said. I think once they have everything finished and don't want to return to my pool? :) They till have to work on the jets in my spa (only 2 work), they have to do the spraydeck, clean off my rocks and coping (has some PT on it) put the kit in the firepit and a final cleanup. We are very functional now - but there are a few things left to do.

The owner comes to the house and does Pool school with you. He has already told me to play with all the settings on the boards - that I can't hurt anything and the more I play with it now - the easier it will be to learn and I already have told him that I have a mad chemist kit that puts his test kit to shame :) So hopefully it won't be too painful :)

OK gang this may be a taboo topic . . . but it does have to do with my build.

So, pretty much, everyday I have neighbors and kids over swimming. Absolutely love it. They are very respectful and even clean my pool while they are here! BUT they don't want to go into the house to tinkle. So they have been going around the corner of my house - out of sight. (mostly kids - but a few adults). So - my husband made the suggestion that we put a shower there - with my new drainage installed there is a large catch basin in the corner and there is a hosebib about 10 feet away. The water from the shower would be taken directly out to the ditch via our drainage pipes. We are thinking if there is a shower there and river-rocks or some sort of slats over the drains - it would be more sanitary.

Yes I know you aren't supposed to pee into a drain - but come on, they are peeing in my yard - it eventually gets washed into the drain anyway. Hubby is saying he can take the hosebib out and down from the house - bury it and run it exactly where the shower would be. I would want to put up some sort of cool 1/2 moon cover to make it a little more private . . . so - it would officially be an area to "rinse off" BUT we all know what it will also be used for. Does anyone have something like this? I searched and found a lot of REAL outdoor bathrooms - but I can't afford that yet. In 10 years I want to add a pool house with a bathroom and shower - but for now . . .

So, other than the ick factor, what do you think?

Bleach and lots of water----------maybe one of those tubes with holes it to spread out the water into the ground?

On the subject of pucks. Wendy you can use them so long as you KNOW what they will add to your pool and you test and adjust your water for it. That is what TFP is all about---------knowing what is in your water and what to do with it.

Kim

Outdoor water runs into the street or ditch, which in turn runs into the storm sewer, which eventually runs into the bayou/Gulf. Your plumbing runs to a sanitary sewer which is treated. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this. Lol!

Marla - I am pretty sure you are right - it runs to the ditch which runs to our subdivision retention pond - which is usually completely dry unless we have major storms. My thing is - the peeing outside it happening anyway . . . this just seems more sanitary. We are pretty rural - we have aerobic septic systems here (not on city septic).

Im assuming as long as there is no soap going into the shower - then it is all natural bio/water/pee/no chemicals it will be fine. Same as my dogs peeing in my yard and me spraying the grass with water after - it also goes into the drain.

This post is making me feel so white trash - but it is already happening - I am just trying to class it up a bit.

Maybe - I was thinking of doing like a raised area above it - like maybe teak slats or something - I could probably put something between it and the drain . . .

I am trying to find something but cannot think of the name of it. We though about it for our pool house. It is a small barrel like septic tank thingy It was made for areas like hunting camps and such. You did down and bury it and have the hole pipe to take the liquids out.

I will keep looking.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to take a break from pictures and come catch up with you, Wendy!!!! LMAO because this is one reason I asked for the outdoor shower!!!!! But I wasn't about to tell anyone! We won't have many kids here, but when we do, I'd rather they not pee in the pool. Again..... THANK YOU for opening the door to this topic!!! You know it's going to happen in the pool, but why not minimize it, right?! The way our house is built, our guest bath is by the front door rather than the back door. I regret that now, but 26 years ago, I never dreamed I'd have a pool.

I also wanted a shower outside, because last summer when I swam at the neighbors, I thought how nice it would be to rinse my hair before I went home.

The biggest reason I wanted a shower by the pool is for my son. He hates to be bothered with showers, but he knows he has to after he has his nightly cigar. Now he's so happy we're having the outdoor shower, because he can shower out there right after the cigar. To me, it doesn't seem to be really different, but to him it does.

I think your plan is good except for the teak slats. Maybe I don't get your plan. But to me, 'liquids' would soak more into the wood and might not be good eventually. You know what I mean??? Maybe some hard stones. Check on Pinterest. They have tons of ideas for the floors and drains of outdoor showers!

BTW - I love the photo of you and your dear, sweet baby. I understand the missing. My long past kitties come back to visit me in my dreams and thoughts.
Hugs,
Suz.

Suz - I was a little worried about opening up this topic - I mean, I know we do things a little different down here in Texas :) Apparently peeing outside is one of them! haha.

I have been thinking about those large smooth river stones - I was just thinking they might get too hot in the sun to step on . . . I am also thinking of trying to find a few old (non-usable) surfboards to create a semi-wall . . .

How to Construct a Small Septic System (with Pictures) - wikiHow

55-gallon Barrel Septic System: 3-year update | The Ultimate Answer to Kings

Plastic Septic Tanks | Poly Septic Tanks

small septic tank - Google Search

I just googled "small septic system" and look what I found. I am thinking since will be liquid only it will be even easier to do. The thing to find/work on is the "input" area. What do put down that will not absorb the liquid or splash it either.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Kim (we took ALL Of the bathroom out of the pool house after everyone kept saying "How I can just move in there" Ah NO! LOL There is a motel in town! Here is the number LOL)

- - - Updated - - -

How do other people teach boys to pee standing up? Off the porch or aiming at a tree here! LOL The males all go out on the porch with the little one and peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee while they all laugh and the little one learns how to pee and aim!

Kim

Yeah - for some reason these are grossing me out. I want it to LOOK and perform like a shower. I am afraid someone would do more than pee . . . GROSS!

On a side note - I finally got around to taking some pictures of the lights. It is really weird - the color does NOT show up like it is in person. I may need to use a real camera instead of my iphone. But I do love them!

19893271881_b7f0877a27_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19700374460_6097130fa5_c.jpg

19862290816_32ee64dbd6_c.jpg

19888527875_aed7c5eea0_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

19880661782_a76d23dd6e_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

19700284878_3b4f86e23e_c.jpg

Hard to tell in the pics - but there is a kid swimming - in person it is much brighter - you can see the bottom no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

19880910182_8f78d40e5e_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These pics were taken about a week ago - I have been trying to take them at different times at night - but my phone just isn't making it easy. Here is a pic now that they have smoothed out the large dirt piles and trash piles. I have also moved some of my plants around to the pool area - this won't be their perm spots -but for now it makes it easy to water them.

19700393410_a2058618e1_c.jpg

19700375180_1408a3ec13_c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.