New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

We have almost the same coping as you and ended up going with the travertine color which is lighter. Our PB said we would be glad we went with the lighter color on all those sunny, 100 degree days. Our PB said he does around 75 pool builds per year, and most people that chose the darker colors somewhat regret it when going barefoot. Just his 2 cents anyways.

So are ya'll barefoot people or flip-flop people? What's more important, looks or comfort? (no judgement here, and you don't have to tell us)

I never go barefoot - not since I was about 15. My son ALWAYS goes barefoot. We both put comfort first (sometimes not a good thing!) So I let him have the Travertine he wanted (once I got over the cost).

My vote is still #3. How often will your bare feet be touching the deck? I'll be wearing flip-flops!
Suz.

Kim: If I knew where you put the key, I wouldn't tell!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am a total barefoot baby. That is why although I love the look of #3, I have been contemplating how to make #1 work. I don't know much about decking, but on really hot/ sunny days the deck is going to be hot, no matter what you put down right? What it boils down to is this, if you love barefoot, does color make enough of a difference. I used to go to a pool that had brushed light grey concrete, and sometimes that was too hot to walk on, so we sprayed it down with a hose. My question is, does the lighter color give enough of difference, enough days to really make a difference? I honestly don't know, and just started looking into this question. If it does, I think I might be tempted to go with option #1, and figure out a way to make it "work".

OK - so this was hard - I thought about it last night. I went back to Pinterest and looked at the 100s of pictures I pinned when trying to plan my pool. I want #3. I love the look of it. I wear flip flops 24-7 - when I am out by the pool - sometimes I walk barefoot - but I don't think that the heat will be something I look back on and say - wow, I should have went with a lighter color.

So, this morning I sent a message to my PB and said I am a Mission Tan girl.

Drum roll . . . . Kim, please THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!!

OK - so this was hard - I thought about it last night. I went back to Pinterest and looked at the 100s of pictures I pinned when trying to plan my pool. I want #3. I love the look of it. I wear flip flops 24-7 - when I am out by the pool - sometimes I walk barefoot - but I don't think that the heat will be something I look back on and say - wow, I should have went with a lighter color.

So, this morning I sent a message to my PB and said I am a Mission Tan girl.

Drum roll . . . . Kim, please THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!!
I think you'll be fine with that color, also it won't show dirt like the lighter colors, ours shows ever spec of dirt. Due to being in Las Vegas we went with something similar to your option 2 called Baja Sand you can see it here - New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas - Page 9 In a "cooler" climate we would have gone darker. Barefoot will be fine on that color.

Should look great!

No date - but they just asked me to send over a list of EVERYTHING that I want them to look at, that isn't finished, etc. I sent my list WITH pictures! They are also sending MMG out to look at my PT. There are a few spots by the stairs that look like they have been "scratched". It honestly isn't that big of a deal - even when I show people they can't see it and don't understand what I am talking about. But I have a feeling you guys will! Here is a pic. It took me like 30 tries to get ANYTHING to show up because of the reflection and such. So you know what I am talking about - look at the floor of the pool right by the step. It looks like scratch marks that flow with the bottom step. The lightish white color on the step is just a reflection of a cloud - just ignore that.

19683076742_8ff95b25eb_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.