New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Wendy,
Reading your posts about testing your water brings me back to reality. I remember the days when I had an above ground pool. The first season was awesome. But after that it was a fight to get it balanced. I'd be ready to swim, test the water, and have to go inside and wait after adding chemicals. I just want to use my pool. Not wait. Lol! So when I chanced upon this site, I was ecstatic!! But the reality is that we do have to spend time testing and treating the pool. I was really leaning towards salt water at first but talked myself out of it. I hope I don't regret it. Keep us posted on your experience with the testing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal, you don't want to wait on them for acid adds. With low Cya, you'll be losing FC fast but no need to check Cya today. Give it at least another week or two and save the reagent. It won't change much that fast. Keep your records for sure, and you'll be covered. The finish cure will take months before you see a decrease of the cure pushing your pH up. It takes time, so don't be shocked if it's a year. You're doing perfect going back to 7.5 each time, so stick with that and it will be ok.

Warranty baby, warranty! Make sure you are writing down all of your tests and what you do to keep you covered.

I am sure he is not used to someone that really knows what is what and how to do this and that to their pool.

Did you or he add any CYA to the pool? (too lazy to read back to see LOL).

Have you told him about TFP and what you have learned already?

Kim

I have a daily calendar - that I write my numbers down on and whatever treatment I do. It is working pretty good! We have not added any CYA (other than using pucks) I haven't really told him about TFP - trying to "feel him out" about liquid chlorine first. I might keep it my secret!

- - - Updated - - -

Wendy,
Reading your posts about testing your water brings me back to reality. I remember the days when I had an above ground pool. The first season was awesome. But after that it was a fight to get it balanced. I'd be ready to swim, test the water, and have to go inside and wait after adding chemicals. I just want to use my pool. Not wait. Lol! So when I chanced upon this site, I was ecstatic!! But the reality is that we do have to spend time testing and treating the pool. I was really leaning towards salt water at first but talked myself out of it. I hope I don't regret it. Keep us posted on your experience with the testing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally wanted SW too - but I had quite a few friends that converted and converted back to chlorine they really swayed me away from it - as well as I have flagstone and mossrock . . and I KNOW I wouldn't be sealing all the time!

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal, you don't want to wait on them for acid adds. With low Cya, you'll be losing FC fast but no need to check Cya today. Give it at least another week or two and save the reagent. It won't change much that fast. Keep your records for sure, and you'll be covered. The finish cure will take months before you see a decrease of the cure pushing your pH up. It takes time, so don't be shocked if it's a year. You're doing perfect going back to 7.5 each time, so stick with that and it will be ok.

So I tested my CYA before I read this and now I can tell I have SOME. I can still see the black dot - but before when the water was all the way to the top of the cylinder it was as clear as normal water - now it is at least kinda fuzzy. Not sure what kinda reading that is - but at least I can see a change!

A year for it to stabilize? Right now I am adding 1/2 gal acid every other day - that will get quite expensive! I sure hope it at least slows down soon!

Love the water color Sun, blue granite has always been my fav. even over the upgraded levels. Suzy is correct, the sheen should be applied sometime next week as he has 5 waiting. I was told that several will be getting clean out this weekend and the first part of next week. We are now at week 12 and counting. Keeping fingers crossed. I have so much more to get done after the pool its crazy!!! Never get much time to post but it looks wonderful!!!

Jp.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool water looks amazing. I miss the sparkle of mine. We've gotten so much rain. Ugh....

Love the water color Sun, blue granite has always been my fav. even over the upgraded levels. Suzy is correct, the sheen should be applied sometime next week as he has 5 waiting. I was told that several will be getting clean out this weekend and the first part of next week. We are now at week 12 and counting. Keeping fingers crossed. I have so much more to get done after the pool its crazy!!! Never get much time to post but it looks wonderful!!!

Jp.

Yall have been so patient!!! I can't wait to see the final results!! Fingers crossed for nice dry weather & a few cancellations ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a dolphin? What model? I want to jump into your pool!!!

It is! It is the M4 I absolutely love it. Easiest thing I've ever had. Someone on here had told me to upgrade to the m8, but I forgot and the next time I remembered my builder was in my yard & papa smurf was in the water.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm at a huge event tonight and tomorrow in Houston for work & just got home & my PB dropped off samples of the spray deck & installed the bubbler heads. Came home - almost midnight & heard my waterfall on. I was thinking one of my neighbors had come swimming, but was happy to see the bubblers! I'll take pics tomorrow afternoon!

Do you have the other bits and pieces for doing chems (other than your TF-100)?
You will need:
- a container to collect pool water for testing (small opening you can cover with your thumb so water sample can be taken well below surface)
- a measuring container for measuring liquid MA or liquid chlorine (1 oz increments, 1qt or 1/2 gal capacity)
- a sock for dissolving your CYN. (Once you work your way up to the level you want, you won't need this for a long time)
- a dedicated bucket to dissolve stuff; borax/soda ash/washing soda (rarely used if all goes well)

OzDiver! Thank you so much for posting this list of supplies!. I remembered seeing this but forgot to write it down. I've been so focused on Test Kits and chemicals that I forgot to think about containers!

The PebbleTec clean-up crew is here, so I went through the thread to find this! I've got to get ready!!!!! It's like a baby is on it's way!!!! Thanks again!
Suz.

Ok guys I could use your help. I have to pick the color of the spray deck. I want it to kinda just disappear. I don't want you to walk out and notice the concrete instead of the pool. I also want it to blend well with the flagstone. We narrowed it down to 3 choices. I have my favorite - but I have gone back and forth a few times so I figured who better to ask but you guys! I marked the pics with Options 1, 2 and 3 - so it will be easy to respond.

Thank you!

19667483731_b5603c9065_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19636853226_2506b5e370_c.jpg
[/url] by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

19476397589_aaa9c759ec_c.jpg

19636840316_2e18dc1b4c_c.jpg

Oh, those are beautiful! I forgot you still have spray deck. I thought it was all so beautiful as is! Now, wow, your oasis will be a jaw-dropper oasis!

My vote is option #2. I think it would set off your flagstone which is amazing. Also, I like a little contrast between the coping and deck. It subtly lets people know they're getting close to the edge of the pool (you know, those people who may have had too many adult beverages. Lol!!!). And possibly being a little lighter than #3, it might be cooler. (probably not enough difference for that)

#3 is beautiful! And it would blend perfectly, so I can see why you would go with it. It might also hide stains better (again, those adult beverages such as red wines....).

Unusual for me - I feel strongly against # 1. I'm not sure why - it makes the spray deck and flagstone look blah. Now, if you go with #1, I will still come visit! Ha ha!! And I don't believe at this point, you can choose anything to lessen the beauty of your pool. It is gorgeous!
Suz.

Option 3 for me. Option 1 looks like dirt would show more easily. I really like 3 both as a color and with your stone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.