New owner-builder (kinda) in Arizona

Every once in a while I will get some bubbles in my pump basket BUT it is after I have messed with the filter and such so I expect some air to be in the system since I just opened it. After a little while it goes away.

Listen to what mkanuss says.

:hug:

The weirdest thing happened while I was trying to track down this main drain issue.

I read about using shaving cream to help identify where the leak is. I covered the valves and fittings until the pump basket started to clear up. It had almost no bubbles. It was difficult to figure out exactly where the problem was, because it seemed to clear little by little, so I may repeat the shaving cream.
The weird part is, after I rinsed all the shaving cream off, the pump basket still has bubbles, but there are no more air bubbles coming out of the returns now.... I can't figure out how that happened. Any ideas??

Are you sure you have your pump basket lid gasket well lubed and properly seated as well as the pump lid tapped tight?

Are you sure you have your pump basket lid gasket well lubed and properly seated as well as the pump lid tapped tight?
Another thing I thought of, but I don't know if it has anything to do with it, is a have a salt cell, that I'm not using yet. I do hear water going through it though. Cause I have anything to do with the bubbles? It doesn't really make sense though because, the only time I have bubbles is when I open that main drain. I just thought I'd mention it though.
Thanks!

Then go back to each thing you used the shaving cream on and do them one at a time.

The bubbles out of the return should be returning as air gets built up in the pump basket.

Then go back to each thing you used the shaving cream on and do them one at a time.

The bubbles out of the return should be returning as air gets built up in the pump basket.

I went out to check on it & do the shaving cream routine again & it looks good now. Just some a few very tiny bubbles in the pump basket & no air in the returns.

Could it have taken some time to work all the air out?
I'm gonna shut everything off for a few minutes and then restart it to see if it stays clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can anybody familiar with Screenlogic help?
Since the plumber came & took apart my plumbing, my bubblers come on when I select off for the screenlogic app. Also, for some reason they are coming on during times they are not scheduled to come on, and stay on for a long time, instead of the 5 mins I have scheduled.

Could they have put the actuator valve on in the opposite direction? Not sure why it is staying on for a long time. It's also going on at higher pressure than it should be.
I think I will go into configure and cancel the bubbler schedules.
Help if you have any ideas about my pool revolting!

Possibly, the toggle switch on the actuator was inadvertently moved. Look on the actuator for a 3 position switch. Move the switch completely in the opposite direction from which it is presently in. Test to see if the bubblers now work as intended.

Possibly, the toggle switch on the actuator was inadvertently moved. Look on the actuator for a 3 position switch. Move the switch completely in the opposite direction from which it is presently in. Test to see if the bubblers now work as intended.
+1 to what proavia wrote. The controller is dumb, it doesn't know what position the actuators are actually in. When the pump is off it assumes all the valves are in "pool" position and all water features are "off". You have to use the 3-position switches to set the valves in this default state.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.