Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I just got everything finished on my new inground pool and need some guidance.

Do I need to put shock since it has a salt cell?

How much muriatic acid to bring my PH and Alkalinity down? It is currently at 8 and 123, respectively. Leslies said their system will not give a dosage for the acid as they say it is not good for a fiberglass pool.

Would you mind giving me a recommended schedule to use in omnilogic?

Thank you all for the input. I look forward to engaging with you all.

Hi and welcome to TFP!

What an exciting time in your life!! A new pool!! OH YEAH! Done in time to take a plunge in as it starts to heat up in TX!

I am going to shot a couple of links to you to help you learn how to care for this pool and keep it looking great each and every day!Test Kits Compared

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I am also going to share a the test kits we use and suggest: Test Kits Compared

I will tell you we do not trust pool store testing............we have either experienced the affects or seen it in others pools. The pool store is there to sell you stuff. If you look up in those links I shared you will see what we use in our pools. It can all be bought at stores like Target, Walmart, Lowes, etc!! How neat is that???

You are going to have LOTS of questions! Make sure to ask each and every one of them!

Kim:kim:

Hi and welcome to TFP!

What an exciting time in your life!! A new pool!! OH YEAH! Done in time to take a plunge in as it starts to heat up in TX!

I am going to shot a couple of links to you to help you learn how to care for this pool and keep it looking great each and every day!Test Kits Compared

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I am also going to share a the test kits we use and suggest: Test Kits Compared

I will tell you we do not trust pool store testing............we have either experienced the affects or seen it in others pools. The pool store is there to sell you stuff. If you look up in those links I shared you will see what we use in our pools. It can all be bought at stores like Target, Walmart, Lowes, etc!! How neat is that???

You are going to have LOTS of questions! Make sure to ask each and every one of them!

Kim:kim:
Hello Kim. Thank you for the response. I have bookmarked all of the sites you recommended and have looked through the test kits. Should I be looking at the TF100 kit for saltwater pools?

BV,

If you follow the TFP pool care process, you should never have to add "shock" to your pool. If you keep your FC and CYA in the proper relationship per our recommendations, that is all that needs to be done. FC/CYA Levels Note this link has two tabs, one of non-saltwater pools and one for saltwater pools.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Get the TF Pro Salt kit. It's pretty sweet. I have it and absolutely love it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.