New IG pool build in League City

Aug 4, 2018
League city, tx
We have been looking and researching for what seems like years. Its really only been 6-8 months I think. Contract has been signed since November. Our pool has been marked in our yard since early December and we are finally getting started tomorrow. Excited yet anxious. I work from home so I’ll be here almost every step of the way. Once I figure out how to add pictures of the build I will.

Congrats! It will be so helpful to be around for most of the work days. Let your know whenever/as soon as you see things you question.

Are they there yet???

Pictures-
-Click on the three strips on the left by the TFP logo
-click on media
-click on +add media
-pick new builds
Go from there!

I can't wait to see the pics!

Go ahead and share your equipment list so we can look it over.

Kim:kim:

Congrats! Another person from my area! We are just about done with our pool build. We just need our spray deck finished and the stone sealed but the weather needs to get better. Suppose to be raining for the next five though. Hope all goes well!

I am going to jump in here. Amitya is my wife.

Pool: 16x32
Pool Area: 409
Depth: 3.6-5.6-4.6
Filter: 60SQft Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump
Timer: Pentair Easy Touch 8,
Heater: Pentair MasterTemp, NG, 400k BTU
Pool Light: 1 Pentair Intellibrite Pool color LED w/GFCI
Spa Light: 1 Pentair intellibrite Spa Color LED w/GFCI
Pentair Legend Clearner
Rainbow In-line Chlorine Feeder
Spa : 7x7 round, raised 12 inches
Schedule 40 PVC for all piping
Skimmers: 2
Directional Inlets: 5
6 Main Drains - Separate Lines and valves
6 spa jets with Polaris QT Blower (1 HP)
Backwash Line
P-Trap
Area Drains
Fill line and vacuum breaker

We are very excited. Our neighbors after seeing the mess on the side of our shared fence, ,, Not so much!

We are off an running.

All my pictures are too big to upload so i'm working on resizing them. Ill try to get some uploaded tonight. Dirt guys showed up at 6:30 am and immediately got to work. 12 dump truck loads later and a horribly looking yard, the pool is dug. Dirt guys left about 12:30 and rebar guys started working right about then. Pre- plumbing guy started too. Rebar and skimmers are in place now. City inspection tomorrow morning first thing then gunite. Hoping these showers will die down soon. no water collecting in bottom of pool yet though.

Here are 2 pictures of the work done today and our design. landscaping is not included with our pool :)

Attachments

• Day 1 complete_1_1-31-2019.jpg
    Day 1 complete_1_1-31-2019.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Day 1 complete_2_1-31-2019.jpg
    Day 1 complete_2_1-31-2019.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 62
  • BA Pool Design 10-2018.JPG
    BA Pool Design 10-2018.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You really do not want the Rainbow In-line Chlorine Feeder. Using Trichlor pucks in it will lead to unmanageable CYA levels.

You should either get a SWG or chlorinate your pool using liquid chlorine.

Reactions: setsailsoon
I honestly don't see the hate for keeping the in-line chlorine feeder. They are less than $100 and are a good option if you are using liquid chlorine normally when you go on vacation.

Its not hate. Depends if the OP intends to use the Rainbow as the primary chlorination source. That is the issue being raised.

Lots of posts here about even relatively new builds removing Rainbows to install SWG. Better to deal with the issue during the build.

Its not hate. Depends if the OP intends to use the Rainbow as the primary chlorination source. That is the issue being raised.

Lots of posts here about even relatively new builds removing Rainbows to install SWG. Better to deal with the issue during the build.

We debated a long time over an SWG. After talking to someone we totally trust (has been in the pool business for 20+ years), we decided not to go with the SWG. I am sure over the course of the summer, as we learn more and more about pool chemistry, we will find what works best for us, whether it is using the rainbow or some other method.

The guy who did my pool school advised using the in-line during summer, but using liquid chlorine in winter. He said he’s had pools he’s been taking care of like this that have not needed to be drained for years.

They will gunite our pool this Wednesday. They did a flash coat last week to protect it from the rain, passed inspection this morning and gunite is scheduled for Wed. Hopefully it happens.

For the people in the League City area, any recommendations for a landscaper? We didn't put that in the contract and will need to get the yard fixed back up ASAP when they are done, which should be early March.

The guy who did my pool school advised using the in-line during summer, but using liquid chlorine in winter. He said he’s had pools he’s been taking care of like this that have not needed to be drained for years.
You will have rising CYA and the pool water chemistry will become unable to control resulting in Algae. Evaporation removes water, not the dissolved solids, which CYA is one of. Your CYA builds up unless the physical water is removed from the pool and replaced with water that does not contain CYA.

I suggest your review the Pool School eBook

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.