New IG pool build in League City

Been busy and hard to update. But we are moving right along. Plumbing and equipment have been installed. They are in the process of putting in the coping and tile. We expect the electric to be done next week.

I knew the yard would be a mess, read it on here and just common sense, but nothing can prepare for you for the actual destruction that comes with a pool build. Wow.. they have destroyed my yard, lol. IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0087.JPGIMG_0080.JPG

Its been a long month. Lots of wet weather. We have gotten the decking done, drain to the curb (HOA requirement) and yard levelled. They are coming tomorrow to put my fence back up. I have missed my fence and the little bit of privacy it provides. If the weather holds to the forecast, we will be plastering toward the end of the week. Spray deck will be done 7 days after plaster. Im hoping to be able to have my sod delivered and installed the week after next. Im hoping my husband can post some more recent pictures for me. We are pleased so far with the build process. Just wish Mother Nature would have cooperated a little better. They still haven't hooked up my Del AOP system to the rest of the equipment. We had lights installed over the equipment pad as well as on the back of the house overlooking the pool. Those will be tied into our Screenlogic 8 system on the app from what I understand.

We debated a long time over an SWG. After talking to someone we totally trust (has been in the pool business for 20+ years), we decided not to go with the SWG. I am sure over the course of the summer, as we learn more and more about pool chemistry, we will find what works best for us, whether it is using the rainbow or some other method.

There are a lot of personal preferences about pools. For a lot of choices, either work it's more what you prefer. TFP method works for either kind of pool and that's the important thing. I resisted SWG for years despite recommendations from some very smart people on here for the last 3+ years. I was pretty happy but I did eventually get tired of the jugs so I recently switched. Wife loves the feel of the water, says it's like a spa. Sister-in-law hates the soft feel. Both are right. I'm even going to add borates next!

Congrats on your pool. Looks like it's gonna be great and I know you'll get a lot of hot summers to enjoy it.

Chris

WOW! They did a GREAT job on the maker tiles!!! SWEET!

Is that a tadpole I see:? Poor little thing. Time to jump in and rehome him!

Kim:kim:
Went into crisis mode with your tadpole comment. Had to go out in the dark and make sure. It’s a leaf. Crisis averted! Was thinking it’s been way too cold for frogs to lay eggs anyway.

May end up delaying plaster until next week. They put rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well it's done. We have been busy and haven't been able to really post much. But we love the pool. The water is crystal clear and the kids have been enjoying it and Mom and I have been enjoying the hot tub. Thought I would add in some pics of the final product. Our PB was awesome throughout the process. Highly recommend him. IMG_0146.JPGIMG_0145.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    610.9 KB · Views: 8
Fabulous pool and with the kids in it's perfect. Our kids and 3 grand kids live in League City... hopefully will be getting started with their pool one day too!

Are you going to DIY the maintenance?

Chris

That looks AWESOME!! Bet the kids are sleeping real good after playing in that!!! WIN-WIN!

So can you do something for me? That is such a pretty color of plaster and here is chance to show it off and help others pick their color. Can you please go to this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off and add a couple of pics of your pool. I am hoping for a pic looking down at the steps to show how the different depths chances the color and a pic of the deep in. Please list brand of plaster, color, and any extras you added. THANKS! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.