New Build Southern California

Making HUGE progress!!! Not sure why some pics flip :roll: but it is what it is and we will keep working on the why gurrrrrr

Tile-do you like BLING or flat? Blue, brown, decorative, or no idea and would like ideas??

Kim:kim:

First post on here. Be honored!

Looking at the rendering, do you think you'll have any issues getting in and out of spa with no step on inside or outside?

Not sure the ages of people using it, but it still looks like it may be a little tricky and slippery.

Something to consider...

We start digging for our pool Jan 21st and pumped seeing all of these posts and photos. Keep them coming!

They will have to sit on the edge of the spa and swing their legs over the edge. They do have a step inside the spa which I am guessing will not be used as a step. It will be used as a seat more than anything. The moat around the spa is part of the shelf so they can swing their legs over and walk to the step on the shelf. They do not want to block the flow of water around the spa.

SHINY is good!!! I LOVE BLING!!! I love 2x1 tiles! Here is some pretty ones as well: Iridescent Glass Mosaic Tiles | Mineral Tiles

I’ve kind of obsessed on tile. I think I’ve found the most help on instagram. I will find a manufacture I like and look through their posts, then I will click on the designers they tag in photos, then I will click on the photos that others have posted that tagged the company. It’s like a rabbit hole, I can get lost for hours just looking through all of it. A very popular company for bling tile and other glass options is Oceanside Glass and they are out of Carlsbad. Their popularity is increasing, I’ve seen a ton of huge landscape designers using them in all their newer projects. Here is their link:

https://www.glasstile.com/

since youre local, I’m sure you can go to their showroom and check them out. I believe they manufacture them in house so you can even ask for a tour. I’ve had so much fun touring tile and paver companies and watching the process.

First post on here. Be honored!

Looking at the rendering, do you think you'll have any issues getting in and out of spa with no step on inside or outside?

Not sure the ages of people using it, but it still looks like it may be a little tricky and slippery.

Something to consider...

We start digging for our pool Jan 21st and pumped seeing all of these posts and photos. Keep them coming!
We put a step inside the spa to help with that. And after all the final work is done the sit and spin from the spa to the edge won’t be so dramatic. We did sacrifice comfort for looks though.

Reactions: galowbraw
Hello all. It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Well we have made immense progress by leaps and bounds. My owner build process has been nothing less than stellar. We are so pleased with the turnout so far. We too faced rain challenges and made it by in a nic of time to have our pool shotcreted. I’ll attach progress pics. We started in December and are about a week away from plaster.

BD83CC67-C0B3-4710-821D-67A0289C32E3.jpegBD83CC67-C0B3-4710-821D-67A0289C32E3.jpegBD83CC67-C0B3-4710-821D-67A0289C32E3.jpeg

Attachments

• B4DFE38C-48DE-4CD1-B443-737DF9592B3A.jpeg
    B4DFE38C-48DE-4CD1-B443-737DF9592B3A.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 7698C1B9-E43E-4DD3-984B-A3887D9F8150.jpeg
    7698C1B9-E43E-4DD3-984B-A3887D9F8150.jpeg
    752.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 941B6EC2-21D9-4874-99D4-3F40691400A7.jpeg
    941B6EC2-21D9-4874-99D4-3F40691400A7.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2C08CB02-B95F-44C9-B170-C5ACBD947B60.jpeg
    2C08CB02-B95F-44C9-B170-C5ACBD947B60.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 5EE5D053-B55B-4E7D-B868-9CFAFFBAB015.jpeg
    5EE5D053-B55B-4E7D-B868-9CFAFFBAB015.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 36
Concrete was done this morning and I’ll post pics tomorrow. Gates are in and we’re ready for inspection Friday. If we pass then plaster will be shot next week. We’re going with aqua cool mini pebble by stonescapes. And will hand cast glass. Not sure what color yet. But it will be something bright.

Reactions: galowbraw

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!!!! Now it is time for you own set of links!!!

Here are the links about how to get the best plaster job possible:

Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

This set of links will help you care for your new pool once it is filled and ready for fun!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is the time to ask your PB what test kit they will provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

SWEET!!!! Now it is time for you own set of links!!!

Here are the links about how to get the best plaster job possible:

Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

This set of links will help you care for your new pool once it is filled and ready for fun!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is the time to ask your PB what test kit they will provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

I am my own pool builder????so what kit should I order? Give me the best ya got. It’s a plaster inground salt water ic60 system. Let me know and I’ll purchase ASAP.

What Marty said and don't forget the whale wall brush. You will LOVE how easy it is to brush with it! The water does all of the work!! I also order a couple of extra speedstir magnets for when (notice I did not say if :roll:) you throw it out or down the drain!

What Marty said and don't forget the whale wall brush. You will LOVE how easy it is to brush with it! The water does all of the work!! I also order a couple of extra speedstir magnets for when (notice I did not say if :roll:) you throw it out or down the drain!
I see there are a bunch of ads-one you can purchase with the kit. What additional items will I need? Also thank you for the links. Are those the exact ones I should pay attention to? Or am I reading the whole thing? There are other pages as well. And finally. Once the pool is filled what chemicals do I need to have ready to go the day of water fill. Is there a checklist somewhere with exactly what is needed on that glorious day?

I will give you a shopping list:

-2 2-cup PLASTIC measuring cups-one will be for muriatic acid only. The other will be for all other chemicals

-hair nets for the skimmer if you have a dog or trees around the pool https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-H...rds=hair+nets&qid=1552602131&s=gateway&sr=8-4 These go inside the skimmer basket to help catch stuff before it gets to the filter.

-toothbrush- LOL Give one of your old ones to the pool. This is great for going around the returns and skimmer face and such.

-muriatic acid-look in Lowes or Home Depot to find the 31% stuff. Most of the time it is outside.

-eye protectors for adding m. acid. You do NOT want this stuff to splash in your eyes.

-some place to store the m. acid. It needs to be VERY well ventilated, away from metal, out of kids way, etc. If you have kids you might want to look into one of those plastic storage cabinets that have are lockable. Nothing else should be stored with it especially chlorine as they don't play well together.

-liquid chlorine-look around in your area to find your best source for this. Some pool stores sell 11% chlorine. You will have to put a deposit on the jugs. You will need it to start the pool and any time you need to do a big/fast boost to the FC as well as when the water temp gets below 60 or so as a SWG will not produce in low temps. Some people buy bleach at Target or Walmart BUT it is getting a LOT harder to find it without any added stuff in it like colormax and pretty smells. You want PLAIN bleach if you go this route.

-CYA aka stabilizer-you can buy this at Walmart or Lowes. When you go to add it do NOT follow the directions on the bottle! Put it in a sock, like you wear, and hang it in front of a return. You can/should squeeze it when you are able to help it dissolve. Some people put it in the skimmer but you have to be very careful to know block the water flow and keep the pump on so the m. acid does not just sit there and build up in the pump.

-plastic cups and plates for drinks and eats by the pool!

That should keep you busy for a little while! Tell your wallet I am sorry LOL

-

Reactions: MyAZPool
Hi guys,

Our pool was plastered today. I’m so pumped. Acid wash tomorrow and we will start filling it. I am doing the startup on my own and I’m a little nervous. I’ve read threads and articles. And all it did was confuse me more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have anyone to answer to as far as warranty is concerned. So anyone who has step by step procedures would be a lifesaver. I have a test kit coming. Should be here Tuesday.

Attachments

• 1B843261-C412-49CE-8EA0-80EF7904F0D3.jpeg
    1B843261-C412-49CE-8EA0-80EF7904F0D3.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3248821F-9418-4A07-AC24-8AF0C6677F7A.jpeg
    3248821F-9418-4A07-AC24-8AF0C6677F7A.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 22
  • AFCBA653-EEBD-4799-B5B4-00A396B0A75E.jpeg
    AFCBA653-EEBD-4799-B5B4-00A396B0A75E.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 25
  • BC513267-9BBA-440F-809F-93D4DFDFF656.jpeg
    BC513267-9BBA-440F-809F-93D4DFDFF656.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 24
  • D560B5C9-4C22-4E31-A589-BA762E1683DA.jpeg
    D560B5C9-4C22-4E31-A589-BA762E1683DA.jpeg
    614.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 3A564081-869B-4874-A615-742717BCE4BB.jpeg
    3A564081-869B-4874-A615-742717BCE4BB.jpeg
    661 KB · Views: 23
Did the power wash the shell before plaster? What was the black waterproof material they used in the SPA?
No they didn’t pressure wash it. They drained what little water was left in it. Then they chipped off jagged edges. I’m not sure what waterproofing material was used inside the spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.