New Build Southern California

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Making HUGE progress!!! Not sure why some pics flip :roll: but it is what it is and we will keep working on the why gurrrrrr

Tile-do you like BLING or flat? Blue, brown, decorative, or no idea and would like ideas??

Kim:kim:

galowbraw

Jan 11, 2019
SPRING/Texas
First post on here. Be honored!

Looking at the rendering, do you think you'll have any issues getting in and out of spa with no step on inside or outside?

Not sure the ages of people using it, but it still looks like it may be a little tricky and slippery.

Something to consider...

We start digging for our pool Jan 21st and pumped seeing all of these posts and photos. Keep them coming!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
They will have to sit on the edge of the spa and swing their legs over the edge. They do have a step inside the spa which I am guessing will not be used as a step. It will be used as a seat more than anything. The moat around the spa is part of the shelf so they can swing their legs over and walk to the step on the shelf. They do not want to block the flow of water around the spa.

SHINY is good!!! I LOVE BLING!!! I love 2x1 tiles! Here is some pretty ones as well: Iridescent Glass Mosaic Tiles | Mineral Tiles

Kim:kim:

Phx_Jay

Bronze Supporter
Nov 6, 2017
phoenix
That is going to be a fantastic backyard. Looks like it is coming along nicely. I'm a big fan of the aquamarine color glass tile but the all look good.

WalkerTribe7

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
Mission Viejo, ca
I’ve kind of obsessed on tile. I think I’ve found the most help on instagram. I will find a manufacture I like and look through their posts, then I will click on the designers they tag in photos, then I will click on the photos that others have posted that tagged the company. It’s like a rabbit hole, I can get lost for hours just looking through all of it. A very popular company for bling tile and other glass options is Oceanside Glass and they are out of Carlsbad. Their popularity is increasing, I’ve seen a ton of huge landscape designers using them in all their newer projects. Here is their link:

https://www.glasstile.com/

since youre local, I’m sure you can go to their showroom and check them out. I believe they manufacture them in house so you can even ask for a tour. I’ve had so much fun touring tile and paver companies and watching the process.

Flyis4ever

Gold Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
Glendora California
First post on here. Be honored!

Looking at the rendering, do you think you'll have any issues getting in and out of spa with no step on inside or outside?

Not sure the ages of people using it, but it still looks like it may be a little tricky and slippery.

Something to consider...

We start digging for our pool Jan 21st and pumped seeing all of these posts and photos. Keep them coming!
We put a step inside the spa to help with that. And after all the final work is done the sit and spin from the spa to the edge won’t be so dramatic. We did sacrifice comfort for looks though.