Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Design: 18x35 w/ 7x13 Baja + 7x9 raised spa
Pool: ~25K gallons
Size: 18x35​
Baja shelf: 7x13 ~10-12” water line deep​
Shallow end: 3 1/2 ft​
Deep end: 8-9 ft​
Pump: IntelliFlo VSF 011056 (pool pump)​
Plumbing: 3-4 returns, 2" double main suction at the deep end,1 skimmer, Auto-fill, Vacuum inlet, (robot may use in the future)​
Lighting: 4 Microbrites (4 lights in pool facing away from house, 1-2 on Baja & 2-3 spread across length of pool)​
Tile & Coping: 14" cast in place concrete coping around pool and spa, tile TBD​
Plaster: TBD, Stonescapes – Aqua Blue minipebble, WetEdge - Primera stone, Hydrazzo | Mediterranean Blue, Hydrazzo Classico | Oceana Blu​

Spa: ~1178 gallons (8-10 person)
Size: 7x9, 12-18" raised spa​
Seating: Split level depth all the way around (20-~24")​
Jets: Single per 8 seats (hydro therapy parajets), 2 seats with multi parajets?​
Pump: IntelliFloXF VSF 022056 (spa pump), TBD if we need to utilize both pumps for number of jets​
Plumbing: ~2"? intake and return to jets (confirming idea for pump and 60-70ft from equipment)​
Blower: TBD; may just go with venturi stqand pipe at the pad​
Lighting: 1 microbrite​

EQUIPMENT
Pool/Spa Pump -- Pentair Intelliflo VSF Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 011056)​
Spa Pump -- Pentair IntellifloXF VSF 3HP 230V Variable Speed and Variable Flow Pump (Model: 022056)​
Filter -- Pentair Quad 100 D.E./Cartridge Filter sqft with NO backwash installed (Model: 188594)​
Heater -- Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU Natural Gas Heater (Model: 460736)​
Controller -- Pentair IntelliCenter i10PS (Model: 521908-IC60)​
Pentair IntelliCenter i10PSIC60 Kit - Pool and Spa with Load Center and IC60​
Installing the IntelliCenter saves the electrician from installing a subpanel, timers, and switches.​
The IC-60 power/control cable plugs into the IpH control panel and the IpH control panel plugs into the IntelliCenter​
Chlorination / Salt System -- Pentair IntelliChlor (IC-60) (Model: 521105)​
Breakers for Controller panel - PA220GF GFCI BREAKER 2-POLE 20A (For Intelliflo Pumps) – (Model: PA220GF)​
pH Dosing System -- Pentair IntelliPH pH Controller (Model: 521377)​
LightingPentair MicroBrite Color LED Light - 12V - 100’ Cord fit a 1 1/2” standard pipe. (Model: 620425)​
Skimmer - Pentair Skimmer Bermuda ABS for Concrete 2" Slip (Model: 506361)​
Pour in place type lid​
Valve Actuators - Pentair IntelliValve Actuators (Model: 521485)​
Valves -- Jandy "no lube" Valves (Models: 4715, 4716,..)​
Check Valves -- Jandy check valves (Model: 7305)​
Water leveler (autofill) – Pentair T40BG or Paramount ParaLevel?​
Junction box – Intermatic Junction box for lights (nothing to do with IntelliCenter)​
Robot - Active 20/ Dolphin S200​
Suction Cleaner - Rebel​

1610559145303.png

Last edited:
Your specs look pretty complete. Looks like you have been studying other build threads.

I would do a minimum of 2 skimmers located into the prevailing winds. Especially with no main drain. If you only have one skimmer and the skimmer gets clogged your pump can run dry and be damaged. And if your skimmer has problems your pool can be shutdown. With two skimmers one can have a problem and your pool can run fine until it is repaired.

I would skip the vacuum inlet. It is an entrapment hazard if the cover is ever broken off or left open. Your skimmer can always be a vacuum connection.

Reactions: KJB1
Your specs look pretty complete. Looks like you have been studying other build threads.

I would do a minimum of 2 skimmers located into the prevailing winds. Especially with no main drain. If you only have one skimmer and the skimmer gets clogged your pump can run dry and be damaged. And if your skimmer has problems your pool can be shutdown. With two skimmers one can have a problem and your pool can run fine until it is repaired.

I would skip the vacuum inlet. It is an entrapment hazard if the cover is ever broken off or left open. Your skimmer can always be a vacuum connection.
Thx Allen..
  • If two skimmers were installed where would you locate them given our design? Wind comes from the east which is the right side of long 35' length?
  • I updated my specs based on the contract, we will have 3-4 returns and 2" double main suction at the deep end
  • Vacuum inlet.. i have gone back and forth...
Appreciate the feedback.

2 Skimmers on the West wall, 3 returns on the East wall.

tomas.png

What about returns on the baja to get stuff off and on the north end of pool to push towards skimmers?

You can do one but if you run a VS pump at low speed the water does not have much pressure to move debris with any weight. You will find the winds will move the debris around more then the return water flow will.

Just hit the baja with a brush to move the dirt into the main pool area and then let your robot pool cleaner get it. I think there are some robots who try to climb onto the baja to clean it.

Looking for plumbing input with the IntelliCenter and full automation...

Is a spa bypass recommended between pool and spa returns? See drawing

Last edited:
I am not sure how you close the spa and still have water in it.

You can always pour some liquid chlorine in the spa water and stir it with your pool brush.

A spa bypass is not necessary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not sure how you close the spa and still have water in it.

You can always pour some liquid chlorine in the spa water and stir it with your pool brush.

A spa bypass is not necessary.
Thanks.. so based on the IntelliCenter and intellivalve's utilizing the built in automation there is no need to have a spa bypass to ensure some chlorine is making its way into the spa in the even the spa return was closed for an extended period of time.. Again highly unlikely but something I was asking based on what I was told... probably if I didn't have automation then maybe that was why it was suggested

Thanks.. so based on the IntelliCenter and intellivalve's utilizing the built in automation there is no need to have a spa bypass to ensure some chlorine is making its way into the spa in the even the spa return was closed for an extended period of time..

You just turn on SPILLOVER mode for 15 to 30 minutes to refresh the spa water.

Again highly unlikely but something I was asking based on what I was told... probably if I didn't have automation then maybe that was why it was suggested

If you don't have automation then you need to have a manual spillover control. Many folks just set the return valve to be 90% pool and 10% spa when they want some water going to the spa.

You just turn on SPILLOVER mode for 15 to 30 minutes to refresh the spa water.

If you don't have automation then you need to have a manual spillover control. Many folks just set the return valve to be 90% pool and 10% spa when they want some water going to the spa.
Thanks Allen.. I'll discuss with my builder that there is no need for the spa bypass with check valve setup given our automation configuration.

Shotcrete done but crew emptied out hose/hopper residual into trench with main pipes back to pad...

Any tricks to removing shotcrete that has slightly encased the top part of some pvc pipes near the pool running to pad? There is a couple pipes I need to uncover to run to solar location.

Shotcrete is concrete. You need to chisel it out without damaging the pipes.

Shotcrete is concrete. You need to chisel it out without damaging the pipes.
Thanks... the solar input and returns that got partially encased that I need to try to free up to continue a 40 foot run to the roof.

Last edited:
Which pipes do you need to connect to for the solar?

The two vertical pipes? Why is that a problem?

Believe the plumbers planned to cut before the 90’s to continue the lines in the tench.

So do you need a new trench made?

They can move back and pickup the pipes where they are exposed.

Yes a new trench will be made to the right and towards the house 40 feet... guess they can just carefully dig up those encased pipes and or cut where exposed to continue the run....

Thx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.