New Austin Build - We have a Pool!

I am so glad we are able to swim now, but daunting to think what I still have left to do, mainly the landscaping and lighting, ugh. Oh and fixing the sprinkler system.

In the meantime, PB is managing start-up for 30 days and then they will start-up the SWG. I am planning on managing the pool myself after that. What type of test kit should I buy? The one they gave me isn’t great.

Reactions: jdogbyo
I am so glad we are able to swim now, but daunting to think what I still have left to do, mainly the landscaping and lighting, ugh. Oh and fixing the sprinkler system.

I feel your pain. My pool was finished at the end of January and I am still working on the landscaping. That is just not something I enjoy doing, but it is a place where money can be saved by doing it yourself. I just do not have an 'eye' for that stuff.

Congrats on the pool getting completed! Looks great! Read the pool school articles and listen to the brain trust on here and taking care of the pool will be easy peasy. I haven't had any issues since I took over mine from the PB at the end of February.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I feel your pain. My pool was finished at the end of January and I am still working on the landscaping. That is just not something I enjoy doing, but it is a place where money can be saved by doing it yourself. I just do not have an 'eye' for that stuff.

Congrats on the pool getting completed! Looks great! Read the pool school articles and listen to the brain trust on here and taking care of the pool will be easy peasy. I haven't had any issues since I took over mine from the PB at the end of February.

--Jeff
I hear ya. I’m in the same boat and not a huge fan of landscaping DIY. But for what the landscapers want to charge I’m definitely going to be doing most of it myself!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.