New above ground oval 18x33 install

Oh no!:taped: I would be so angry!

Could you not buy a Intex or slash pool and put it up yourself? You have done such a great job with the setup of the pump and site prep.

Oh no!:taped: I would be so angry!

Could you not buy a Intex or slash pool and put it up yourself? You have done such a great job with the setup of the pump and site prep.

we are actually relieved, 3 weeks ago we were mad, not now... just a bad situation that we are out of now... we will figure it out and start over...

- - - Updated - - -

Casey! Unreal! SIGH..................

Kim

I know Kim, thanks for the support :)

- - - Updated - - -

All that work! Can you find another installer?

we went through 5 before this guy, so 6 installers and none of them will install an oval pool...

What are you going to do? And he still has your money?

What a nightmare. I'm so sorry!

I would try to put the pool up yourself but... I guess you got your money back from the pool place. I'm just so sorry n I feel so bad.

Teaser alert. :p:p
0271d00a6a1a0797a908a16d7de9b690.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CASEY!!!!!!!!! What have you done? I am so happy for you and your family! All of your work was good for something!

This will let you know if you want to go up a step to the inground one day.

HUGS! You did it!

Kim

So excited and TIRED :)

We did a lot of talking and looked at finances.. The in ground pool we want will cost too much for us right now...

So Intex it is... Called around and found a 16x32 at Atwoods for 1200, went to lowes and got Styrofoam, 12x12 blocks, and gorilla tape..

First, I want to see someone put this pool up in 90 minutes with 2 people like intex say's... :)

I already had everything for 2 suction side and 2 returns, all hardpipe, valves, skimmer, and everything else needed to do an above ground :) from all the help, directions, and pictures from this site I had no issues installing this pool, so thank you all :)

on to the pictures

NMpqPY6l.jpg

lemhJyEl.jpg

I used the fence and the truck to keep the sides straight because I needed to do the hard pipe PVC connections (*****be careful, there is major pressure on those straps*****)
O3oFMKyl.jpg

f4oCotnl.jpg

h42Gi7cl.jpg

once up I started filling and finished placing all the blocks..

XJitd2Gl.jpg

7rWloxjl.jpg

I started by trying to cut the holes for the returns and the pool cleaner suction side. I first tried to use a hole saw heated up by a heat gun
xtIzqkel.jpg

That did not work, so I tried to use the hole saw with the drill, that also did not work, then I tried a torch and the holesaw, also failed... hmmmm, what to use, A soldering iron on high :)
ylAMXZwl.jpg

bGOzSnRl.jpg

nlRwNsSl.jpg

ARUE9Bil.jpg

tEpRCDJl.jpg

GMigqNil.jpg

8FMxyP2l.jpg

N3FDD2Al.jpg

I also worked great for the corners of the skimmer
ywvf9H8l.jpg

7gHdQqzl.jpg

Ey2vuvkl.jpg

moIbg37l.jpg

GPTVPJ0l.jpg

E6tGSp5l.jpg

Now I did all the PVC pipe, I will take the pictures of the returns today and post later..

kFIqT0zl.jpg

nyMiMIFl.jpg

this was about half full, connected up the pool cleaner, primed the pump and turned it on
VluA1CKl.jpg

ZwDsdLJl.jpg

Thank you all for cheering us on, it turned out awesome... We have a pool :)

You're going to need to change your signature ya know?! :mrgreen:

Casey oh happy day! This is the best of both worlds! A pool to see if it is something you will use and love. Time to save up for THE pool to last until the end of days!

Casey did you order your test kit yet?

I am waiting for THE Picture! The one of you floating in the pool with an adult drink in your hand!

All of your hard work sure paid off!

Kim

Casey oh happy day! This is the best of both worlds! A pool to see if it is something you will use and love. Time to save up for THE pool to last until the end of days!

Casey did you order your test kit yet?

Kim

You're so funny, I have had my test kit a year before the pool :) that's what everyone does, right... HEE HEE :splash:

HzG9CVnh.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.