New above ground oval 18x33 install

just bought these steps and sealed every single hole/opening in it..

41fnJn1eZxL.jpg

it really wants to float now so I made a trip to Academy sports and bought these and plasti-dipped them.. 90 pounds should do it, good to go in the water now :)

y40mAJhh.jpg

Do you have any photos of your install?? I'd love to see them! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any photos of your install?? I'd love to see them! :D

K9, I have tons of photo's :) it would take way to long for the webpage to load if I put them all on here :) but here are a few on what I am working on now..

here are the stairs I bought and will use to attach to the deck.. they are very nice.. Amazon.com : Confer Curve Base Steps for Above Ground Swimming Pools : Swimming Pool Ladders : Patio, Lawn Garden
41fnJn1eZxL.jpg

The deck is 10 foot wide, 55 inches of the ground.. decks are not cheap, cost me 600 so far for supplies and wood but I am saving about 1000 dollars putting it in myself. I am doing stairs for the whole 10 foot section in front ( can I say cutting stairs out of 2x12's are a royal pain ) I bought redwood stain and restore 10x deck stain for the top tread for safety.
9mitMQYl.jpg

R5D1E8ol.jpg

and just for fun :) it took me 2 weeks to get these done..

Last edited:
Casey! Those lights are wild! That is so cool!

That deck is going to be awesome. I bet the stair cutting is a pain! BUT a pain well worth it!

I do have to say that when you do something you do it right! I am proud to know you!

Kim

Casey! Those lights are wild! That is so cool!

That deck is going to be awesome. I bet the stair cutting is a pain! BUT a pain well worth it!

I do have to say that when you do something you do it right! I am proud to know you!

Kim

Why thank you.. I always try to do it right the first time, sometimes I succeed :)

Ran out of the 5 pounds of 3 inch screws so had to stop for the day... We are almost done.. started the stairs and that is where we had to stop.. The first stair is very hard to get right but once that one is done you just trace that one and cut them all out... It is very solid now, no movement what so ever... :)

0aVW1kAl.jpg

eJCLP3jl.jpg

egPZAQEl.jpg

yWyziHol.jpg

uU8hJ2zl.jpg

rhn2Uucl.jpg

iZJqlivl.jpg

co7z0uHl.jpg

hj28u5Vl.jpg

J5OhKqil.jpg

6xrQdlUl.jpg

qi87qQal.jpg

BnzWk1tl.jpg

vltksngl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for the link to the photos!! It won't let me see them though because it said the photos are not for public viewing?

YOU ARE AMAZING with all the finishing details! I have been trying to get at least 5 pool installers to even call me back, or even 4 more landscaping companies to respond to my emails simply requesting even the ground leveling for a "normal" above ground install. Never mind my asking what it would even cost to put it 28" below grade... UBER frustrating when I am a single woman and cannot do any of this by myself. I have hoped to get my dogs swimming for their therapy for issues with hips and one with a spinal issue, but at the rate I'm [not] going, it's not looking good this late in the season. At least dogs will swim in cooler water, so there's still hope maybe. A handyman I know may be calling this week to discuss. I'm going to use your post here for him to refer to!

Thank you for the link to the photos!! It won't let me see them though because it said the photos are not for public viewing?

YOU ARE AMAZING with all the finishing details! I have been trying to get at least 5 pool installers to even call me back, or even 4 more landscaping companies to respond to my emails simply requesting even the ground leveling for a "normal" above ground install. Never mind my asking what it would even cost to put it 28" below grade... UBER frustrating when I am a single woman and cannot do any of this by myself. I have hoped to get my dogs swimming for their therapy for issues with hips and one with a spinal issue, but at the rate I'm [not] going, it's not looking good this late in the season. At least dogs will swim in cooler water, so there's still hope maybe. A handyman I know may be calling this week to discuss. I'm going to use your post here for him to refer to!

Fixed the private pictures, you can now view them :)

I think this setup would work great for your dogs :) easy to get up and down the wood stairs and the inside pool stairs..

Call fence building people, they do woodwork all the time and almost always do decks.. it will cost more but well worth it... you do not have to do 10 foot wide steps, 4 foot would be fine and cut your cost down...
for dirt work call excavators, here is a yellow pages search for your area.. Grading Excavating Contractors in Newport News, Virginia with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Casey :)

Looks great CC!

just bought these steps and sealed every single hole/opening in it..

Wondering why you sealed them up like that. Mine are into their second season, and I have no issues with the water inside of them, and I have no need for 90 lbs of weights to hold them down.

-dave

Wondering why you sealed them up like that. Mine are into their second season, and I have no issues with the water inside of them, and I have no need for 90 lbs of weights to hold them down.

-dave

One of the most seen things from people coming here needing to SLAM is the stairs full of algae... I took that completely out of the equation, no way to get water in or out so no way for algae to grow :)

Can you take a pic from in the pool of the deck? I have the 16x32 intex and wanted to do a deck next year and wasn't sure how to make it look right where the deck and walls meet since those walls move when swimming....

Looks good!

here are some shots of above the pool.. I used a 2x12x10 to get it out over the side of the pool..

cpA7Gw6l.jpg

1Rk9vcRl.jpg

ba56zLQl.jpg

58IBhyal.jpg

128Bdpol.jpg

wNMXwIil.jpg

b919KI1l.jpg

9X7RVYzl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.