New above ground oval 18x33 install

I bought the same salt generator and my pump/filter came with the flexible hose. Do you know if it is compatible? I was hoping I could just hook it right to the output off the filter but every picture I see shows the hard tubes.

I went to your link for pictures, but it appears that they are no longer available. Would love to see them.

not sure what is happening, does it have a black x on the webpage where the picture should be?

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the same salt generator and my pump/filter came with the flexible hose. Do you know if it is compatible? I was hoping I could just hook it right to the output off the filter but every picture I see shows the hard tubes.

The SJ and RJ model are designed to use hard pipe... you can get adapters to connect the soft into the hard pipe but that soft pipe is WAY more expensive, it can be easier to bend... Just use lots of glue and let it dry longer than hard pipe..

What is the benefit of doing the hard pipe? I just have the pump/filter and the generator so wondering if I should just do all hard??? I am trying to learn everything at once!!!

Looks cleaner, easier to support, local hardware store carries any valves or fittings that may leak over time. Most of the hard pipe jobs are because people upgraded the pump and filter to non intex.

Great install. Going to be doing a very similar install and have some questions for you.

Did you use 2" pvc for everything and change the intex supplies and returns that came with the pool?
Did you insulate your underground PVC at all? If so, with what?
Do you have any issues with thr rigid PVC being right up to the soft side pool? I feel like my kids being crazy in the pool would slam that PVC all over the place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.