Need help with possible broken Salt Cell

pl_hebert

May 27, 2023
Quebec City
Hey guys! First timer here!

The classic scenario... bought a house with an inground pool, 2 years on everything was fine but nothing was really explained to me and I had to learn by myself.

So I have a Pro Logic P4 with what seems to be a T15 but the owner told me it was a Low Salt system pool and the config was set to LS chlorinator for at least 2 years now. I don't really get that part since when I check online there is a Chlorinator tagged LS and it's not the T-15. Anyways...
My problem these days is that when I check the diagnostic menu, one side of the cell (the negative one if it matters) as low amp and low salt readings (- 2000 from the Positive side of Salt Cell).

Is it broken?! (I have cleaned my Salt cell a couple of times already...)

Bonjour! Are you making chlorine? Do you have a salt test kit to confirm the level of salt in your pool?

Why have you cleaned the cell- did it have obvious signs of calcium build up on the plates? Remember each time you clean the cell with anything other than plain water, you shorten its lifespan by removing some of the magic mysterious precious metals on the plates.

How's your pool doing otherwise?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Salut! :D

Yes it is indeed making chlorine. I went to test the salt level and it's fine. I also went to test the salt cell but sadly the kid at the store seemed confused about getting different amp reading for my cell.
I have cleaned the cell because of this person and no it didn't have calcium build on it... I'm so glad I found this website to get real help I didn't know about the acid wearing the cell.
The water is not crystal clear, I have what it seems to be mustard algea on a few spot (which I had sometimes last year too).

Btw, inspect cell does not light up!

Thanks again for your reply, i've already learned more from you than from the seller of my house.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thanks learned something again! Yes I'm testing and everything seems fine but I only have a simple Chlrorine and PH tester.
Here are some ways to get a proper kit in Canada
Recently some have been able to obtain the Taylor k2006 or k2006(c) via Amazon. If you go with the k2006 order extra fas/dpd reagents & powder so you don’t run out during the slam.
If you have algae everything is not fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We need you to get a good test kit that will tell us the levels:
FC (free chlorine)
CC (Combined Chloramines)
pH
TA (Total Alkalinity)
CH (Calcium Hardness)
CYA (stabilizer level)
Salt when applicable

Then we can get an idea on how balanced your water is.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.