Montgomery TX pool & patio build!

It must have been the computer I was on as I see all of the wonderful pics now! I love the lay out and the curves!

From dog house to kid's play house! LOVE IT! Your kids will never need to go any where else to have fun!

Kim:kim:

More work done on the cover. Should be completed and painted today!

Here is the tongue and groove bead board ceiling with 8 total lights and two ceiling fans. The stain looks a lot darker in the picture, its a really nice looking gray/brown.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love it! We are doing something similar along with our pool build and I might be more excited about the porch than the pool.

What size is the cover you had done? I wish our porch builder had something like pool studio so we could visualize more what the porch will look like when done.

looks awesome. since ours has been completed we have been outside a lot more. I just wish the mosquitos wouldn't attack when it starts getting dark

did you happen to put your son's handprints in the concrete?

thanks! no we didnt let the kids put handprints in the concrete, its going to be covered up with spray deck coating anyway

Looks like a great space to hang out by the pool.

Thanks, cant wait!

looks really nice!

Thanks Jim!

Love it! We are doing something similar along with our pool build and I might be more excited about the porch than the pool.

What size is the cover you had done? I wish our porch builder had something like pool studio so we could visualize more what the porch will look like when done.

The posts for the cover are 14' from the wall and span 31' wide. The vaulted and open ceiling makes it feel even bigger and still lets in all the light through the big windows. Really really happy with it.

That looks AWESOME!!!a I love the fixtures you pick for out there. Very classic looking! The open front and high ceiling does really add to the feeling of lots of room!

For mosquito problems we have found this:

https://www.amazon.com/OFF-635524-Powerpad-Lamp/dp/B000BQK4YA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507933485&sr=8-6&keywords=mosquito+repellent+lamp

I don't think we paid this much for it but knowing what I know now I would! We just buy the refills. It is like there is a dome around us. Notice we live in FL so KNOW mosquito plus the fact we have a pond and wet lands by the pool=LOTS of blood suckers!

Decking was coated and colored earlier this week. Plaster is scheduled for today, but we have scattered thunderstorms in the area, so i'm waiting to see if they're going to make it or not.

My wife and I leave for San Diego early in the morning, so it'll be up to my mother, who's watching the kids at our house, to watch the fill water and turn the hoses off at the right time. Fingers crossed. We're supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend too so all my water hose flow calculations go out the window. Good news is that included in our pool build is an acid startup and a month of pool service to get us going. So someone will be out there this weekend brushing and adding chemicals while we're gone.

To tell you the truth I don't think I would let them plaster if there is any chance of rain as it can cause streaking of the plaster if the pool is not full. I know you want plaster asap but..............don't take any chances with it if possible.

Agree with Kim. You are so close but not worth the problem that can be had and next week is supposed to be beautiful.

As for the filling calculations, I think I'm going to be way off as I have only a few inches left and I figured early this evening (10am now).

If you mom is there for the plaster, have her ask the guys what color they are applying. My wife did that on her way out and they told her the wrong color. They grabbed the wrong clipboard. No harm, no foul, but I'm glad she asked.

Everything looks great, though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.