Montgomery TX pool & patio build!

Nice build! I missed this one. I really like the tile. I like that skimmer cover. What did they do there? Install it lower and glue the stone to the lid and drill the hole for ur finger to lift it out.

Thanks guys!

I'll go double check and get some pictures when I can of the skimmer lid. There is no plastic lid, just the stone. I'll get a pic of how it sits on there. And yeah just a drilled hole for your finger so you can lift it out.

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the feedback!

jimim, sorry i havent gotten detail pics of the skimmer cover yet, i'll do that next time.

Unfortunately no progress yet on the pool. Hopefully the crew is out today or tomorrow to start forming the decking though! And we spoke with the supervisor for the patio cover build and sounds like they can get started as soon as concrete has been poured and cured a day or so.

Treehouse has had some progress in the meantime...

Got some swings and rings up

Ladder from the monkey bars platform up to the hatch cover opening

Hatch door, this is the entrance to the treehouse. Its a little heavy so i'll be adding some gas spring supports to help the kids lift it and make sure it doesnt slam shut.

Well good news! Lots of progress over the last few days on both the pool and treehouse

For those that asked, here is whats under the skimmer and autofill rock lid

Our mason came back out and tiled the table. The PB designed it and the mason made it so. Let me know what you think!
Here it is just after completion, its in the shade

And here its in the morning sun

Also finished the waterline tile in the spa

I was working on the treehouse roof, so I was in a good spot for a picture

The treehouse got lots of work done as well. I'd say it is 98% complete now.

Finished the hatch door and gas springs. Super easy to open now and doesnt slam shut
37279892632_58897f4125_b.jpg

Starting on the hog panel hand rails/child containment

And finished them

And got the roof on the east wing

Overall shot. So yeah, about 98% done. Just need to put some shingles on the roof, but its 100% ready for the kids to be turned loose in.

All for now. But the decking crew was at my house when i left for work this morning, so hopefully more to come soon!

thanks for the lid pic. I'm totally stealing that idea next year. treehouse is sweeeeeet!

that table top is awesome! really cool cool design! hats off to ur mason cause masons are usually not tile kinda guys. that is a very very clean install!

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That table!!! :shock: he has some mad skills! LOVE the tile and how it was done!

Tree house-FUN! Love the fence to use to keep them in! Leaves it open and still safe! Nice pick!

The roof, does it have a slight angle to help with rain run off? It looks like it does and I am sure you did but wanted to ask for anyone following along and finding this thread in the future.

Kim:kim:

Thanks guys!

Kim, yes the roof has about a 10 degree angle to it. I just mainly wanted to keep pine needles and branches off that area, but its not really steep enough to shed that kind of stuff, I know it'll accumulate.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think my kids are too. I'm curious to see how it weathers over the years and if the trees growing will influence it at all.

I tell you what though, after working on it all dang summer, I'M READY TO BE SWIMMING ALREADY!! :D

The decking crew has been hard at work for two days now forming everything. Hoping to pour concrete tomorrow!

Side View

Walkway to the garage. We put this here because there is a bathroom close by this door. This keeps guests (wet guests) from having to tromp through the house to use the bathroom.

Forms

Walkway to the kids other playhouse. It was formerly a dog kennel the previous house owners built (complete with lights and AC/Heat). We cleaned it and converted to a playhouse.

Other side view

View from treehouse
36643140364_e428d42ba2_b.jpg

36643140234_e428d42ba2_b.jpg

Panoramic from treehouse

Will hopefully have more to show at the end of the week!

Decks are SUPER exciting! The pool starts to really look like a pool! Our PB had the plaster ready a couple days after concrete too! Good Luck!

Deck got poured yesterday. They are out again today to clean up and finish the last walkway because they ran just short on concrete. Its all getting spray coated so not worried about appearance.

View of the deck from the treehouse roof

And while i was up there i threw down some shingles. This pretty much completes my work on the treehouse for now. Ready to turn the kids loose in it and let them enjoy it.

Patio cover to start next!

Blay, your pics did not show on the last two posts and you KNOW I love to see them.

Hmm...havent done anything different. Anyone else having trouble seeing them?

going awesome. Do you plan on a pergola or anything for shade on deck?

Yes we are extending the roof out and covering the patio. About 14' out from the wall and 30' wide. Gabled roof, open truss, etc. They are supposed to start on that next!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.