Mid-October & Still Warm.....

Sep 7, 2016
Inola, OK
My pool water is 74 degrees today. I just vacuumed, cleaned the filter, skimmed with a net, and added some bleach. I think I will be doing this until December before the water hits 60 so I can close. For real? Must I really do this? First year to leave a pool up through winter.

Or you can close it and add bleach as needed to keep FC above minimum if it isnt to difficult to add bleach and stir up the water a bit. Either with a submersible pump or brush, paddle or something.

Mid-October & Still Warm.....

How hard are the freezes you get over winter? It takes several days of sub-freezing temperatures to even begin worrying about frozen pipes...AND... that's for water that is stagnant. If you have a freeze-protect switch (or install one), it is almost impossible to freeze moving water unless you live in Alaska....or Minnesota, same difference.

Once the water gets cold enough, there's almost no chlorine loss and you'll use very few chemicals over the winter. All depends on your comfort level...

EDIT

I just noticed you have a soft side Intex pool. Probably not a good idea to run that with your winter freezes (I looked up the historical weather in your area). In that case, the previously given advice by the other posters makes the most sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.