Montgomery Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
5 month old pool owner here . Been working to get my alkalinity down to try to stabilize my ph . Always having to add acid
Just read my readings and I’m at Fc 3.4 ,Alk 80,ph7.8,ch 250 and ca is 50 . Water temp is 90 here in Texas
For the first time I just checked my auto fill water from my hose bib and it’s showing 210 for alk and 7.6 for ph
Is that pretty standard for the pool fill readings? And am at a no winning situation trying to get alkalinity down ? I already tried lowering the ph to 7.2 then aerate . But can’t seem to get alkalinity to 70 and stay

For the first time I just checked my auto fill water from my hose bib and it’s showing 210 for alk and 7.6 for ph
Is that pretty standard for the pool fill readings? And am at a no winning situation trying to get alkalinity down ?

Yup, hard to keep TA down when you have 210 fill water.

I already tried lowering the ph to 7.2 then aerate . But can’t seem to get alkalinity to 70 and stay

If you don't have a SWG then keep your CSI below 0 the best you can through managing your pH and TA.

Yup, hard to keep TA down when you have 210 fill water.

If you don't have a SWG then keep your CSI below 0 the best you can through managing your pH and TA.
Is there any kind of filter I can put inline on my auto fill to make the alkalinity any lower ?

Is there any kind of filter I can put inline on my auto fill to make the alkalinity any lower ?

No, TA is not something that can be filtered.

TA is something like the carbonation bubbles in soda. You can't filter that out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.