Looking for input on Quartz vs plaster or anything else

I am getting 3 quotes, of the samples I have seen I like the look and feel of quartz..Pebble would probably last longer but my wife thinks our normal concrete driveway hurts her feet :)
Interesting one company said I have major damage and it's an extra 5K but 2 other guys said possible but they didn't see anything to point to it :) and they are both pool builders so probably know.
Waiting on 2 more quotes and hoping to get on the schedule and get it ready to swim :)

You'll likely get dramatically different quotes. When we redid our pool's surface the high bid was more than double the low bid. We settled on the mid-range bid because he had all the elements itemized whereas high/low had very generalized descriptions of work to be performed. So don't necessarily rely on them to "probably know" things.

Yeah Quartz company 1 $21000 company 2 $10k :) 10K is with a pool builder first is with a "pool service company" so probably paying a builder :)

Question..I like the quartzscape and looking at tropical blue and sky blue..Like clear water with a blue color but don't want a blue bottom..Input? Pictures?

:p

Yeah Quartz company 1 $21000 company 2 $10k :) 10K is with a pool builder first is with a "pool service company" so probably paying a builder :)

Question..I like the quartzscape and looking at tropical blue and sky blue..Like clear water with a blue color but don't want a blue bottom..Input? Pictures?

:p

I did a search for white plaster pool and look what I found!

white plaster pool - Ïîèñê â Google

I have always loved how white plaster makes BLUE water!!! Is this what you are thinking of color wise?

Kim:kim:

We like our quartz. My wife was like urs. She didn’t want pebble cause it was too rough. We went with the quartz cause we were able to get the color water we wanted without going pebble cause white didn’t give us the color water we wanted. We also liked how the quartz looked color wise physically vs white plaster. That’s it. Just our preference. Will the quartz last longer than white. I’m thinking after being a member here it all comes down to chemistry. If u don’t care for ur baby as Kim always says it will fail. Would I get more life out of pebble vs quartz. Again who knows. All I know I am going to try and keep mine as good as possible with making sure my water chem is on the mark always.

We like our quartz. My wife was like urs. She didn’t want pebble cause it was too rough. We went with the quartz cause we were able to get the color water we wanted without going pebble cause white didn’t give us the color water we wanted. We also liked how the quartz looked color wise physically vs white plaster. That’s it. Just our preference. Will the quartz last longer than white. I’m thinking after being a member here it all comes down to chemistry. If u don’t care for ur baby as Kim always says it will fail. Would I get more life out of pebble vs quartz. Again who knows. All I know I am going to try and keep mine as good as possible with making sure my water chem is on the mark always.

What color did you go with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.