asusundevil

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2014
Chandler, Arizona
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Curious what you all are experiencing in other states. In AZ a box of two gallons of 10% early last year cost around 8.00, with the potential for additional discounting if the quantity purchased reached a bulk number. Today that same box is 9.98, with no option to capture bulk savings. What the heck is going on?

Curious what you all are experiencing in other states. In AZ a box of two gallons of 10% early last year cost around 8.00, with the potential for additional discounting if the quantity purchased reached a bulk number. Today that same box is 9.98, with no option to capture bulk savings. What the heck is going on?

in northwest arkansas (siloam springs to be exact), i buy Pool Essentials Liquid clorine for $3.84. That is this years price so far so i have stocked up on what i think i will need this year if things go well. This price is up $1.00 from before covid prices. Heck, the stabilizer (CYA) is up from $13.97 to $17.97. Still cheaper than going the other route will expensive chemicals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: asusundevil
I have not checked this week but here in South Oklahoma I could not find one gallon of anything made this year.... My normal 10% from Atwoods cost 8 dollars a case of 4 last year, we will see what it is this year once they get some in...

I called leslies just to see, they were willing to sell me 12.5% from June of last year for 22 dollars a gallon and they were suppressed when I laughed at them.. :)

Reactions: asusundevil

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There have been a few shutdowns of chlorine plants. Less supply equals rising prices...

Since we're talking Home Depot's Chlorine - I was looking at the INGREDIENTS. It says "10% Sodium Hypoclorite" ... "Other Ingredients = 90%". What are these "other" ingredients?

So is this SUPER CHLORINE really only 10% Chlorine? Regular Bleach is 6% , so I was kind of surprised. Especially given the price increase.

Since we're talking Home Depot's Chlorine - I was looking at the INGREDIENTS. It says "10% Sodium Hypoclorite" ... "Other Ingredients = 90%". What are these "other" ingredients?

Other ingredients are water and salt.

I searched for a good month for affordable LC in the valley. (Liquid Chlorine Price and Supply) Prices have even gone up since then. It wasn't even this high in the peak of COVID craziness.
Since you are in Chandler, you are close to my go to spot now. Price Busters Pool and Spa in Mesa has four 12.5% refills for $18 (tax included) (equal to 5 HD jugs)
You have to pay a small deposit to get started, but it has been well worth it . It is always fresh and I can tell the difference in freshness based on it's effectiveness compared to the HD and Lowes stuff.
It's also nice I don't have to toss all those jugs and stuff in the summer during peak usage.

I noticed the price increase from 6.86 to 8.xx last year. I was doing a lot of more trips since we were home most of t

in northwest arkansas (siloam springs to be exact), i buy Pool Essentials Liquid clorine for $3.84. That is this years price so far so i have stocked up on what i think i will need this year if things go well. This price is up $1.00 from before covid prices. Heck, the stabilizer (CYA) is up from $13.97 to $17.97. Still cheaper than going the other route will expensive chemicals.
Found some here:

I searched for a good month for affordable LC in the valley. (Liquid Chlorine Price and Supply) Prices have even gone up since then. It wasn't even this high in the peak of COVID craziness.
Since you are in Chandler, you are close to my go to spot now. Price Busters Pool and Spa in Mesa has four 12.5% refills for $18 (tax included) (equal to 5 HD jugs)
You have to pay a small deposit to get started, but it has been well worth it . It is always fresh and I can tell the difference in freshness based on it's effectiveness compared to the HD and Lowes stuff.
It's also nice I don't have to toss all those jugs and stuff in the summer during peak usage.
Just viewed their web site and didn't find anything related to that refill program.

It's Hasa Sanichlor, distributed in the south west and west coast. Most places won't list it on their website like a retail product you have to call and ask. You can exchange the empty refillable jugs for a case of full ones at anywhere that sells it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.