Lifesaver

domgbrown

Jun 22, 2019
Houston, TX
I'm purchasing a home in the Houston area with a pool, and had no idea what I needed to do to maintain one. After spending hours reading conflicting articles that confused me even more, I stumbled upon a Reddit post that mentioned this site. Within 30 minutes after reading all the articles, I understand everything I need to do in order to maintain the pool. I know a lot of time and effort went into creating the charts, writing the articles, and the overall site. I am very thankful this site exists to counter a lot of the unnecessary and misinformation out there. Thanks for putting this information out there.

Yep! I have no idea what the current Homeowner is leaving behind, so I need to take stock and figure out the particulars of the pool and filtration system. I'm meeting with them this week before I close at the end of the week.
Just smile pleasantly and nod your head in agreement and understanding when they show you the shelf full of miracle snake oils. Some of it might be useful and some is best sent to the county hazmat collection. What you want to find out is what valve works what and where is the panel and where does the backwash line (if hard-plumbed) discharge.

And welcome! :wave: