Less common and sometimes unpublished but important SWG parameters

Fuldo

Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Port Orange, FL
I've learned a lot about SWG systems the last year or so while investigating them for my own deployment and living with one a short while. I've also been watching the SWG forum here with the goals of learning more and sharing whatever I've learned that may help others.

One thing I've noticed is that some important SWG parameters aren't well known and/or published. This includes normal duty cycle (on/off cycle timing), low temperature performance and cut-off temperature, high/low salt thresholds and a few others. All of these vary from brand-to-brand and model-to-model and sometimes published data doesn't match empirical data very well. I've also noticed there are a lot or recurring questions about these parameters and was wondering if there's any resource here or anywhere that may contain many of these parameters for reference and if not if it would be practical to create one.

Such a reference would be a great resource and also help avoid the redundant questions/answers.

Reactions: badams
I agree this would be a great resource. Thanks for volunteering to put it together :mrgreen:

Here is some to start with that I just got from @JamesW today for my Hayward SWGs:
Salt <= 2600 ppm = Low salt warning, cell still operating
Salt <= 2300 ppm = Very low salt warning, cell is shut down
Water temperature must be between 60 and 140 degrees, with salt >= 2400ppm, and amps below 8.0 for the cell to generate.

I'll consider taking on this task but was hoping there was something to build from! I'll keep an eye out for specifications and also search for some and see where it goes. This could take some time however. Just moments ago someone posted the Circupool SJ duty cycle (360 minutes and longer than RJ's 200 minutes). Keeping my ear to the ground!

I agree this would be a great resource. Thanks for volunteering to put it together :mrgreen:

Here is some to start with that I just got from @JamesW today for my Hayward SWGs:
Salt <= 2600 ppm = Low salt warning, cell still operating
Salt <= 2300 ppm = Very low salt warning, cell is shut down
Water temperature must be between 60 and 140 degrees, with salt >= 2400ppm, and amps below 8.0 for the cell to generate.
Do you know if this applies to all Hayward SWGs? I have a T-9.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.