Ledge Lounger Help

Local member has them, I asked your exact questions.

Here is what he told me
I would say it depends. Its not my chill out chair, I usually lay down in a Chaise with cushion and under the shade. Here in Houston, straight laying out meh. My issue is there not comfortable but look awesome. I wish I got grey.

I prob spent less than 2 hours last season it. I have awesome chaises from Restoration Hardware just cant leave them.

It a personal decision. White 1/2 seconds can be had here locally by the way but again doing over I would not get white and pay more

Very personal decision, indeed. We bought 2 and enjoy them greatly. As much $ as we're spending on the pool, landscaping, etc., it made sense for us given the visibility of our deck. That said, to each their own.

(I will say that we did much better buying their "seconds" -- each was in the $450 range that way. Requires a phone call to check their inventory).

Do your ledge loungers float at all, even when filled with water? Or are they firmly planted to the shelf. We have the tropitone knock offs and just the water moving from people jumping in the pool causes them to shift on the shelf if nobody is sitting in it

I just purchased a couple of the SwimWays Sonoma Chaise Lounge chairs to serve as our ledge loungers. They are hard plastic, floating loungers, but if you drill a few holes in the bottom, you can fill them with water so they stay in place on the ledge. They were only about $125 ea., and so far they have worked well. Much cheaper option.

We went with Adirondack chairs from Lowe's for the sun shelf.. allows us to sit and enjoy when we don't want to get into our suits and get all wet. I'm shopping for in-pool loungers now.
Edit - I have been on cruises where they have the fancy ledge loungers. Getting in and out .. well, graceful isn't the term that comes to mind... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: toxdocar
We have deeper than normal water depth(16") on our new sunshelf and that really stifled the options for finding suitable in pool chairs. Most all of the cheap options would float away or sink to the bottom of the pool.
Fortunately, we found that there were Risers / adapters now available online that fit beneath some of the Ledge Lounger chaises that elevated them so we could use them. We got a pair of the Deep Chaise they have and with the risers underneath them they are sitting up nicely on the deep shelf and not floating or moving from where we put them. Yes, the chaises are a plastic material and won't compare comfort wise to a lush cushioned chaise like was mentioned from Restoration Hardware. These did have a cushion option but I recall that it's not meant to be in the water where we keep our chaises. Instead we added their headrest pillows to the chaise so we would have something comfy to hold our heads up while we read or ipad in the pool.
Edit - We are still happy with these years later 2024 - Signature Chaise DEEP

Attachments

• Chaise Deep Riser.jpeg
    Chaise Deep Riser.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: Love2Fly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
COSTAalotRONDACK chairs. But seriously, if they work well, the cost is not as important for me. I love that teal color. Though I don't have a ledge, it will be good to hear someone test them out.

So am I correct that they fill with water through the 3/8" holes in each leg and then it drains out when you remove them?

Reactions: DaveHidalgo
COSTAalotRONDACK chairs. But seriously, if they work well, the cost is not as important for me. I love that teal color. Though I don't have a ledge, it will be good to hear someone test them out.

So am I correct that they fill with water through the 3/8" holes in each leg and then it drains out when you remove them?
I love our Lowe's blue adirondack chairs. I like that they are lightweight so we can easily move them around. They don't have built in drink holders, but the arms are 100% level, so you can sit a drink on either (wide) arm. Or I could get my handy husband to drill holes and add a cup holder. And most of all, I love that they are DONTCOSTalotRONDACK chairs. Got them on sale for under $16 each.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    378.6 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: Snikwah
I love our Lowe's blue adirondack chairs. I like that they are lightweight so we can easily move them around. They don't have built in drink holders, but the arms are 100% level, so you can sit a drink on either (wide) arm. Or I could get my handy husband to drill holes and add a cup holder. And most of all, I love that they are DONTCOSTalotRONDACK chairs. Got them on sale for under $16 each.

These don't float around? I didn't think they would stay in place. We have these in a different color and I am driving myself crazy trying to find something that works.
Sams Club has polywood adirondacks with marine grade stainless hardware for $200 each; I was just considering those!

These don't float around? I didn't think they would stay in place. We have these in a different color and I am driving myself crazy trying to find something that works.
Sams Club has polywood adirondacks with marine grade stainless hardware for $200 each; I was just considering those!
They (Lowe's $16 version) sit beautifully on our sunshelf, which is about 6 - 8 inches deep.

Reactions: MeowMeow724

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.