Large Gap Between Liner and Coping

Jun 9, 2016
Trumbull, CT
Good morning everyone,
I recently had a new vinyl liner installed. There is a 1" gap between the liner track and coping. Any ideas on what I can use to cover the concrete showing in the gap?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2422.jpg
    IMG_2422.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 138
hhmm that's odd.

maybe the old liner had extra material above it...but then again it would be loose above
the track if that was so. unless it was glued, but that wouldn't seem correct.

I have a gap between my concrete over-hang type coping and my track.
The track I have is attached with a bunch of deep concrete screws i think.

It was that way before and after my liner was replaced, maybe ask the installer then?

I do feel it shouldn't be like that but it looks to me like a grout line on a finite pool and not bad. I'm sure since it's different for you it looks wrong though. I don't see anything you could do about it except get used it unfortunately.

Thank you for the input everyone. The track was installed well before the liner was delivered so I don't think they adjusted the placement of the track to account for a liner mis-measurement. I'm guessing they can't stretch the liner to fix the issue given the skimmers and returns have been cut. It that right? By the way, when they installed the track they put it right over the old liner - is this typical?

Thanks again!

So, the old liner and track were still in the pool? They knew where the old track was and put the new one below it? Makes no sense why they did it that way. Did you call and ask? Yes you're right, they can't move the liner after the holes are cut for skimmer etc.
You may be able to put some small tile to fill the gap possibly white glass? Love to see a bigger picture...the small one makes it obvious but maybe as was said above it doesn't look bad it's just different to you.

Thanks James. Yes, the old liner was in the pool when the track was installed. And what ever system was used to hold the liner walls was definitely still in place (was a track type system used 20 years ago?). I did ask the pool guy about the gap and the response was that he got it as high as he could. I just assumed that he placed the track the as high as he could without removing the coping. I will definitely inquire further. Here's a larger picture -as you see I do have a problem keeping the ducks away :(

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 52

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.