SR Smith pool slide gap between flumes

Were the hoses filling the pool black, and rub against the stairs?
I replied but don’t see it anymore. No, both hoses were in the deep end. After this happened I moved one from the deep end into the shallow end. These marks are all down the pool. Some on the same level and some at different levels. They are all waterline marks just in lots of different areas.

UPDATED FROM SR SMITH-

I called to check status of the engineering report. She read it to me. Basically, they said it was installed incorrectly and they a body part or article of clothing could be snagged into the gap. They say it needs to be corrected. I asked them to send me a copy, this was about an hour ago, I haven’t received it in writing yet.

It was going to be destroyed when they pulled it anyway, which is why they didn't want to. But now they have to.

They broke it trying to fix their botched install. Your case just got better IMO. 🤷‍♂️

All I have to say is -

Chicago Cubs GIF by MLB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m no slide installation genius, but it seems to me that the time to tighten the bolts would be before you encase the slide in concrete and leave a 3” gap.....just saying.

I’m having a hard time with all those big words … maybe you could diagram what you’re saying? Stick figures are easy to understand …

So for two days I have brushed the pool 3x a day. Haven’t missed a spot, no joke I spend over an hour each time trying to help get whatever this stuff is, out. I know there is still hope but I don’t believe this is coming out, it has not budged a single bit. Pool company just says keep brushing with no other solution. So if brushing doesn’t help, is there a next step? Literally talking to my husband about the option of replastering. I’m sick about this.

Attachments

• 960B599E-C87C-44EF-85F5-540FCEBBA31C.jpeg
    960B599E-C87C-44EF-85F5-540FCEBBA31C.jpeg
    582.6 KB · Views: 21
  • EC2A8D2C-5A15-435D-B0AC-E0A364429420.jpeg
    EC2A8D2C-5A15-435D-B0AC-E0A364429420.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 20
So for two days I have brushed the pool 3x a day. Haven’t missed a spot, no joke I spend over an hour each time trying to help get whatever this stuff is, out. I know there is still hope but I don’t believe this is coming out, it has not budged a single bit. Pool company just says keep brushing with no other solution. So if brushing doesn’t help, is there a next step? Literally talking to my husband about the option of replastering. I’m sick about this.

Brushing will not make any changes to your plaster.

Dsecribe what you are seeing or feeling because it is hard to tell what is going on through the blur of the water.

Brushing will not make any changes to your plaster.

Dsecribe what you are seeing or feeling because it is hard to tell what is going on through the blur of the water.
It’s brown almost like a sap. The lines are from one end of the sidewalls to the other. My husband says it feels sticky. The pool builder says it’s dirt from wind (that happened the day before they polished) and that it got stuck to the plaster as the water filled up the pool.

What type of finish is your plaster?

Try and sand an area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper and see if it makes a change.

What type of finish is your plaster?

Try and sand an area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper and see if it makes a change.
It’s pebble tec smooth finish. I will ask them about trying that. I don’t want to do anything that will make me at fault for them not to cover it. If they can blame something on me, they will.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.