CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've been trying to determine if there is an air leak in my system.

When the pump is priming at 3250rpm there are small air bubbles during the entire priming cycle. Here is the priming video:

Then if I drop it down to 1850rpm after priming it turns to a pretty big bubble, about the size of the clear viewer. Around 2750rpm there are hardly any bubbles.

I tried lubing the intake side of the union orings. I cannot access the one feeding the pump without moving the pump back. I'm not sure if I unscrew the pump mounts if I can screw them back in.

I'm wondering if this is normal or should I start buying new orings and unscrewing the mounts to access the other oring?

Attachments

• 1850 rpm.jpeg
    1850 rpm.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11
  • pump screws.jpeg
    pump screws.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 11
Not sure what you mean by “unscrewing the mounts”. Most pumps have 2 drain plugs - one at bottom of pump basket and other on on lower end of impeller housing. They are just thumb screws on the external. turn off pump. Unscrew each - lube and tighten hand tight.

Not sure what you mean by “unscrewing the mounts”. Most pumps have 2 drain plugs - one at bottom of pump basket and other on on lower end of impeller housing. They are just thumb screws on the external. turn off pump. Unscrew each - lube and tighten hand tight.
@HermanTX - I'm talking about the screws mounting the pump into the cement. Here is the picture. I would need to unscrew those, then move the pump back in order to access the o-ring inside the union feeding the pump

Attachments

• pump screws.jpeg
    pump screws.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 10
  • union in front of pump.jpeg
    union in front of pump.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 9
You have two 90s immediately in front of the pool suction. They create turbulent water into the pump and I think are the reason for your air bubbles. Pentair addresses this in their pump installation manuals recommending a straight run of 3X-5X the pipe diameter into the pump to smooth that turbulence.

If those air bubbles are not affecting your equipment operation I would consider it normal for your setup.

You have two 90s immediately in front of the pool suction. They create turbulent water into the pump and I think are the reason for your air bubbles. Pentair addresses this in their pump installation manuals recommending a straight run of 3X-5X the pipe diameter into the pump to smooth that turbulence.

If those air bubbles are not affecting your equipment operation I would consider it normal for your setup.
Maybe. I did a water test on the suction valves and it seemed to help reduce the amount of air in the pump. I will do a soap test to validate further.

Yesterday I tightened down the locking nut on the 3-way diverter valve. This morning there are no signs of any bubbles even at 1850rpm. Since that's the only thing I did, that must of been the source. Does that normally need to be locked into place or do I need to consider replacing that?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.