Jandy LRZ pool heater not working

heals1979

Aug 10, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Hi, I have a 4 year old jandy lrz heater that's been acting up. The heater had started to turn the cover around the exhaust black and at the same time said fuse link fault. I opened the exhaust vacuumed it out and then used compressed air just to be safe. After that I replaced the fuse link but now my display is dead and I'm not sure what the issue could be. I checked the breaker, flipped it a few times but no luck. I looked inside and could see no visible issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A fusible link is an over temperature safety! The black around the exhaust is probably carbon/soot caused by incomplete burning of the gas. This may be an indication that the burners are dirty enough to cause this problem. As to the problem with not starting up now, you would need to be comfortable with using a multimeter and the wiring diagram in order to see where you are losing the circuit. Also be aware that if you are having problems with incomplete combustion, the carbon/soot may have partially or almost completely plugged up the hot gas passage through the heat exchanger and you would need to take the heater apart to clear this up and get back to normal operation. I was an HVAC tech for 40+ years before retiring. would be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Most Heating and cooling companies will work on a pool heater. Try to get a company that has NATE certified technicians. Just be aware that if your heater is producing carbon/soot, it is also producing Carbon Monoxide and would need to be cleaned correctly to stop the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.