Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater Wiring Requirements

tp92

Aug 31, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Hello - We purchased a Jandy JXI400N gas heater and are getting conflicting information from different electricians on what is needed to wire the electric.

The initial guy were were working with planned to tie into the timer box that we have. After connecting the plumbing for it, he had some health issues arises so we reached out to some other companies who said that they can’t tie into the timer, it needs its own dedicated breaker and quoted me $2100 for just the electric work. The first guy was only charging $600 for the plumbing and electrical combined so I’m having a hard time justifying the cost. Here is the equipment and the open timer box if that helps!

Thank you in advance for any insight :)

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    734.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hello - We purchased a Jandy JXI400N gas heater and are getting conflicting information from different electricians on what is needed to wire the electric.

The initial guy were were working with planned to tie into the timer box that we have. After connecting the plumbing for it, he had some health issues arises so we reached out to some other companies who said that they can’t tie into the timer, it needs its own dedicated breaker and quoted me $2100 for just the electric work. The first guy was only charging $600 for the plumbing and electrical combined so I’m having a hard time justifying the cost. Here is the equipment and the open timer box if that helps!

Thank you in advance for any insight :)
First guy is more in line with what is required and the cost. That type of installation is the right time to install a true Intermatic fireman's switch to allow the heater to cool down if that timer is also controlling the pump.
Intermatic #156T4042A

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.