Jandy JXI - Pentair Intellicenter - Intermatic Valve - Wiring

Sk8Surfr

May 28, 2016
South Florida
Got my 400k Jandy heater hooked up today. Everything runs as expected minus one possible issue?

I installed a 3 way valve - and an Intermatic actuator. On the Intellicenter it's Valve B and I used circuit "Heater" as the option. Everything works just fine - I turn on the Heat mode - the valve moves - BUT - when I get to the desired heat - the actuator goes back to bypass the heater.

The Heater said 'Temp Fault' since the Spa temp was 102 when it shut off - but with no water circulating the water 'stuck' in the heater went up to 105.

Is this a concern or not a big deal?

Part B - the Pentair said the spa temp was 100 - the Jandy heater said 102. I tested the water with a temp gun and it was 100 - not sure if I can change the temp setting on the heater.

Sk,

I think the problem is the "Heater" only comes on when there is a call for heat... As soon as you get to the desired temp, the circuit shuts off..

I don't think it was intended to run a heater by pass valve.. I suspect that you will have to find a better circuit to drive the valve..

Something like anytime you are in the Spa mode the valve turns or ???

Let's see what @MyAZPool says...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Sk,

I think the problem is the "Heater" only comes on when there is a call for heat... As soon as you get to the desired temp, the circuit shuts off..

I don't think it was intended to run a heater by pass valve.. I suspect that you will have to find a better circuit to drive the valve..

Something like anytime you are in the Spa mode the valve turns or ???

Let's see what @MyAZPool says...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim. Correct. There is no way for the IntelliCenter to control a valve based on "temperature". Only based on a feature circuit "call" from a schedule or user intervention. There was just a recent discussion with another OP regarding this issue for a chiller. He wanted the bypass valve to open or close based on temp. I know of no way to do that without getting into some "homebrew" related setups.

The valve "call" can be combined with a call for the heater in a macro. But not based on temp.
r.

I guess my other option is to create a “feature” for that actuator. I’d just have to remember to then turn that feature on
Yes... That's the way to do it.
1. Create a Feature Circuit. Call it whatever suits your fancy.
2. Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > OTHER EQUIPMENT > PANEL 1 VALVES. Click on the applicable valve letter (A, B, etc.) that is associated with that particular actuator. Click the circuit pull-down (lower pull-down) and scroll down and find that Feature Circuit and select it. Click SAVE. Now you have associated the valve actuator with the Feature Circuit name. Anytime that you activate that Feature Circuit, you action the valve actuator that is associated with it.

Now, you can create a macro (CIRCUIT GROUP), that not only contains that Feature Circuit that is associated with the valve actuator but also include your heater. When you activate that CIRCUIT GROUP via user input or via a schedule, the valve will open and the heater will energize. The heater will kick on and off based on the "Heat Set Temp" temp setting that is selected in the POOL(s) screen, (which is just to the right of the HOME page in the web client). When your done, deactivate that CIRCUIT GROUP and your good.
r.

EDIT.... NOTE: All of the above can be done at the panel or in a mobile app but it's easiest from the Web Client. (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply - I cant find 'other equipment' in the main control panel - is the web client intellicenter.com? The email I use to login says not found - then again the App is giving me JSON error now anyways, so maybe their system is down. It sure seems to NOT let me do stuff from the App more than I'd like!

Thanks for the reply - I cant find 'other equipment' in the main control panel - is the web client intellicenter.com? The email I use to login says not found - then again the App is giving me JSON error now anyways, so maybe their system is down. It sure seems to NOT let me do stuff from the App more than I'd like!
Yes... Web Client is intellicenter.com
You need to setup the networking from the control panel first.
I'm not getting the JSON error on the mobile app at the moment anyway.
There are a few things that you can only do from the control panel (like networking setup etc). Most everything else can (and should) be done from the desktop web client. Much easier.
Agreed... The app is good for executing commands etc. But not so effective at system configurations etc. Again, the best for that is the web client.

Go ahead and get your networking setup at the panel and try the web client and then let me know if you are still having issues.
r.

Tried to create a new account at the panel - getting a timeout error when it's trying to create an account. My frustrations with this thing continue! Can't use the App.... can't create an online account. Guess I'll try later or call them tomorrow.

Panel says connection to server ok - just can't create an account

Tried to create a new account at the panel - getting a timeout error when it's trying to create an account. My frustrations with this thing continue! Can't use the App.... can't create an online account. Guess I'll try later or call them tomorrow.

Panel says connection to server ok - just can't create an account
Sk8Surfr
The connection to the server is NOT okay at the moment. It connects but its not serving up any pages. I have been seeing all kinds of goofy situations going on with the web client this morning. All I can suggest at the moment is to just sit tight and wait for things to improve.
Yea, tomorrow you can call tech support and lay in to them (respectfully) if you want but they can't do anything about it. You have to go above them to get your point across.
r.

Sk8Surfr
The connection to the server is NOT okay at the moment. It connects but its not serving up any pages. I have been seeing all kinds of goofy situations going on with the web client this morning. All I can suggest at the moment is to just sit tight and wait for things to improve.
Yea, tomorrow you can call tech support and lay in to them (respectfully) if you want but they can't do anything about it. You have to go above them to get your point across.
r.

Well that makes me feel a little better - thanks for the update. I'll try again later or tomorrow.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got into the intellicenter.com site - I clicked reset password and it sent me a link and I reset it. The panel never confirmed it made an account - always timed out.

But when I login I see my control center but it says 'offline' - called Pentair and they said 'we're having server issues'

So I guess I continue to wait......

Reactions: MyAZPool
Finally got into the intellicenter.com site - I clicked reset password and it sent me a link and I reset it. The panel never confirmed it made an account - always timed out.

But when I login I see my control center but it says 'offline' - called Pentair and they said 'we're having server issues'

So I guess I continue to wait......
Sk8Surfr
What is the status of your system now? Yep, my web client and iOS app has been down for over 24 hours now and they have been intermittent for the last 7 days..
r.

Just realized you can click 'connect to a local pool' when on my home wifi and control it that way - so at least I have that for now....

Still can't get the panel to login to my Pentair account
OMG.. This is terrible. It really is getting ridiculousness.
Sure... You can connect locally if on your LAN or if you use a VPN tunnel if you're somewhere else.
All that is covered here.
Thanks...
r.

Early last week server was intermittent. By Thursday it was completely dead. My local panel verifies internet connection is OK. I have a 300 mbps connection so it should be. They clearly have a big problem so I don't want to tie up their lines that I would think are very busy. Would be nice if they could put a blurb on their website.

Early last week server was intermittent. By Thursday it was completely dead. My local panel verifies internet connection is OK. I have a 300 mbps connection so it should be. They clearly have a big problem so I don't want to tie up their lines that I would think are very busy. Would be nice if they could put a blurb on their website.
Chris,
Pretty much the same for me too. All week long last week, up and down. Then Saturday morning it went down and it did not come back up for me until late this afternoon. All weekend long, it would connect to the URL, but it would not serve up any pages. Never saw the login splash page. Same with iOS app. JSON error all weekend long until this afternoon.
@Sk8Surfr called Tech Support this morning and and they verified they were having server issues.
Calling Tech Support has zero effect. I wouldn't even waste my time. That is nothing against those poor guys. They just can't do squat about it.
And also, I discovered this weekend that some users could actually connect and their pages were serving up. While others like myself, no. As @cmc0619 suggested, that possibly the reason some were getting pages served up and others were not were due to load balancing issues or maybe dependencies on the actual physical locations of different servers.
As you suggest, clearly a BIG TIME problem. :mad:
Thanks and take care.
r.

Last edited:
Ron,

Thanks for the reply. On the laptop I either get a blank page or login and when I try it doesn't recognize my PW. On the phones (android and iOS) no connection at all. Just able to use my LAN. What a mess!

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.