Jandy JXI - Pentair Intellicenter - Intermatic Valve - Wiring

Ron,
Thanks for the reply. On the laptop I either get a blank page or login and when I try it doesn't recognize my PW. On the phones (android and iOS) no connection at all. Just able to use my LAN. What a mess!
Chris
Yup, I too have seen that as well. Couldn't agree more with you. Can't wait until the raspi is properly running the poolController. We're getting close I feel. That's the first step of alleviating myself of this mess. Once it is all up and operating, I'll post some info. I sure would not be anywhere this far along without the "darkside" crowd though. Those guys are "Intelli"gent. It's certainly not the "Stupid"Center... :p
Thanks and take care!!

Reactions: setsailsoon
Interesting also there is a demo button when you get a login screen. It doesn't work either.
It used to.

And BTW, I'm so at the end of my rope with all of this, that the next conference call I have with them, I'm going to throw out the following to them. I'll probably just get laughed off the call but maybe it will drive a point home (I doubt it though).

" Listen guys, how about you just release the entire APIs and protocols for the entire IntelliCenter and IntelliValve? Release everything and "open-source" it and let some competent 3rd party developers have a go at it. It's a win-win. You get a lot less tech support calls and the user's get some software that works. Who cares if Jandy or Hayward see it. They have their own coding, so they don't care. Come into the 21st century for gods sake. Or at least let us."

If I'm not on the Pentair "bad boy" list yet, I probably will be then. :p But I'm serious. Could you imagine the dash panels and the greatly improved functionality that we could have if 3rd party developers had the API/Code/Protocols for the IntelliCenter and the IntelliValve?
EDIT And oh yea, the IntelliValve would actually get to function that way it was designed to.
r.

Last edited:
Worth a try Ron. I mean what could it hurt? We've waited over a year for their basic features now I'm almost a week with no server access. There are already hacks for most of the 485 protocol and I'm sure the rest will be out soon.

Let us know how it goes. Would be interesting if you can discern why this is happening.

Chris

I was able to login to the intellicenter.com for 1 minute this morning. Now it doesn't work again - the app also does not work
Yup,
I'm down as well. I sent an email to the product manager. I detailed our experiences over the last week. I've asked for a telephonic conversation. Let's see what happens. All we can do unless we start contacting upper management or corporate officers.
r.

This is all SO exciting and something I'm looking forward to as I continue to rebuild my pad with IC as the centerpiece ... NOT. :sick:

Yes... That's the way to do it.
1. Create a Feature Circuit. Call it whatever suits your fancy.
2. Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > OTHER EQUIPMENT > PANEL 1 VALVES. Click on the applicable valve letter (A, B, etc.) that is associated with that particular actuator. Click the circuit pull-down (lower pull-down) and scroll down and find that Feature Circuit and select it. Click SAVE. Now you have associated the valve actuator with the Feature Circuit name. Anytime that you activate that Feature Circuit, you action the valve actuator that is associated with it.

Now, you can create a macro (CIRCUIT GROUP), that not only contains that Feature Circuit that is associated with the valve actuator but also include your heater. When you activate that CIRCUIT GROUP via user input or via a schedule, the valve will open and the heater will energize. The heater will kick on and off based on the "Heat Set Temp" temp setting that is selected in the POOL(s) screen, (which is just to the right of the HOME page in the web client). When your done, deactivate that CIRCUIT GROUP and your good.
r.

EDIT.... NOTE: All of the above can be done at the panel or in a mobile app but it's easiest from the Web Client. (y)

FINALLY I got in - but question - I set up the Circuit Group - but the only way to have the heater kick on is to have Heater selected, correct? So anytime I activate Spa from the 'pools' screen (or for the 30 mins a day my schedule kicks to spa mode) - the heat will kick on, anyway to change that?

FINALLY I got in - but question - I set up the Circuit Group - but the only way to have the heater kick on is to have Heater selected, correct? So anytime I activate Spa from the 'pools' screen (or for the 30 mins a day my schedule kicks to spa mode) - the heat will kick on, anyway to change that?
1. Add a FEATURE CIRCUIT. Name the FEATURE CIRCUIT the exact same name as the heater that you configured in the OTHER EQUIPMENT > HEATERS page. Configure it "Generic" and check "Show as Feature".
2. Include that FEATURE CIRCUIT in the macro.

I'd show you screen shots, but I'm still down.
r.

1. Add a FEATURE CIRCUIT. Name the FEATURE CIRCUIT the exact same name as the heater that you configured in the OTHER EQUIPMENT > HEATERS page. Configure it "Generic" and check "Show as Feature".

r.

Should my Heater be listed as Pool/Spa - and 1 heater
Or two heaters:
1 pool
1 spa

r.
Back up.
Disregard that I have my Spa Circuit State Off in the macro. I don't use the typical "Intake" and "Return" 3-pin connectors for my Pool/Spa Intake and Return IntelliValves. I didn't quite like the way that logic worked, so I designed my own "work-around", which works much better for my particular needs and requirements.
1592325157379.png

1592325218287.png

1592325284609.png
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Should my Heater be listed as Pool/Spa - and 1 heater
Or two heaters:
1 pool
1 spa
Yes, if you want your heater to be available to heat both bodies of water.
One heater (I think). I only use my heater for the spa, so I can't speak to that based on experience. I will have to try and decipher the Pentair hieroglyphics.

Day 6 dead again...
Up and down. And I checked to see if my schedules would expand. They started to a couple of times and then reverted back to only opening for a second and then re-closing, grrr.
EDIT: Where did they find these network engineers anyway?

Yup,
I'm down as well. I sent an email to the product manager. I detailed our experiences over the last week. I've asked for a telephonic conversation. Let's see what happens. All we can do unless we start contacting upper management or corporate officers.
r.
Heard back. See the following.
r.

Are you convinced that you have the two conductor wire connected properly at J2 on the mother card?
Are you also convinced that you have those two conductor wires connected properly at the fireman's switch at the heater?
Those are the only possible things now that I can think of.
r.
EDIT: If I activate my Spa Heater Feature Circuit. My heater will fire up. I can't see what is different. It has always been like that ever since I set up the configs.

Sk8,

On the laptop all I get is a blue screen most of the time. Sometimes a login screen but won't take my PW. Only way I can control is with the phone using my Local Area Network. You have to click "connect with local pool". This then gives me a second screen. Both are shown below.

Chris

1592327790258.png

1592328042539.png

Are you convinced that you have the two conductor wire connected properly at J2 on the mother card?
Are you also convinced that you have those two conductor wires connected properly at the fireman's switch at the heater?
r.
EDIT: If I activate my Spa Heater Feature Circuit. My heater will fire up.

I'm assuming so - I can turn it on here:
Heater.PNG

Can't get back online anyways now... so can't mess with it further

Last edited:
r.
I'm assuming so - I can turn it on here:
View attachment 147338

Can't get back online anyways now... so can't mess with it further
If that is the case, then your connections should be correct.
One of either the Pool or Spa circuits do need to be on in order for that FEATURE CIRCUIT to make the call for the heater.
Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > GENERAL SETTINGS > ADVANCED SETTINGS. Ensure that the "MANUAL HEAT" checkbox is NOT checked.

1592329035817.png

Attachments

• 1592329007019.png
    1592329007019.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.