Jandy fusionsoft cell connection melted

That is very similar to what happened on my Jandy Aquapure1400 a few years back; others have posted the same. Don't recall the diagnosis, but yes, you need to replace the cord. You may also find the center pin under there corroded, making it necessary to replace the "cell" as well (or whatever the corresponding piece is on a FusionSoft).

Reactions: timbozi
The cell I replaced it with is turning 3 years this month. So far, I see no similar damage developing.

I like to think that I'm taking better care of my AP1400 now that I've learned from the TFP forum. I don't even try to run the SWCG for ~3-4 months during the winter. I used to leave it at the Summer setpoint year-round, not realizing that it doesn't produce chlorine when the water is too cold!! Now, by late November when the water temp goes below 55, I change the setpoint to 0 and sometimes even unplug the cord from the cell (my equipment is in a covered shed). I just want it to hibernate. If I had a dummy cell or an old cell, I would put that inline and store my good cell in the garage for winter to baby it even more.

With TFP chemistry (-0.5>CSI>0.0), I've had almost no buildup inside either.

Chlorine production was still strong/predictable/consistent last Fall before shutting down. TBD for Spring after I drain next week to lower CH. Will need to get salt levels back up.

I have read various user comments on these forums that indicate Jandy cells may have a shorter life than some other brands. I want to say it was maybe 3-5 yrs per cell??

I am locked into Jandy equipment and would never go without the SWCG. So I just consider cell replacement a regular expense. I inspect the cord/cell connection a lot more often as part of my pool maintenance routine. I am shooting for the 5 year side of the range for my current cell! And hopefully no more melted cables. :)

Lastly, I have read a few things here on TFP about the Fusion Soft that are red flags (added minerals?). You should research that and ask questions to the TFPers in the know if you haven't done that already.

Thank you again! Appreciate the feedback.

My pool is ~17.5k gallons and I have to run the cell at 100% most of the time in the summer, 6-8hrs of pump time/day. I think that the challenge for these is amount of chlorine produced. I'm still a little torn on what to do. Am going to look deeper into the other SWCG's mentioned in the forum.

Hope ya have a great pool season! - tim

Tim, my pool is about the same size as yours. As a datapoint for you, I ran my 1400 at 35-40% last summer for 9-10 hours per day. Never higher or longer.

I think the 1400 is rated for up to 40kgal, which fits the advice on these forums for being 2x our pool size. I guess the Fusion Soft has the same rating.

In terms of FC consumption, I know sun exposure matters, as does exposure to organic debris & swimmers. Our pool gets about 9-10 hours per day of good sun, but is lightly loaded on the organic matter and #swimmers. I say all this for context to our settings.

Finally, be sure to follow the FC/CYA chart for SWCGs so that you have the right amount of CYA for your FC level. I keep my CYA in the 70-80 range and FC in the 6-7 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.