I've got a leak...

SerenityIV

Aug 2, 2019
Orlando, FL
?

I don't know how to tackle this. Not an expert on plumbing whatsoever. Any advice for this one? Can I just seal it with some epoxy or silicone? Not sure what to buy. See pictures. Can take more if need be. Just above my pump.

Attachments

• 20190910_185117.jpg
    20190910_185117.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190910_185124.jpg
    20190910_185124.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 15
IV,

To really fix it, you are going to have to cut it out and start over, using pump unions..

But... I would at least try to seal the leak with 100% silicone caulk first... What have you got to lose.?

I would turn off the pump, dry it off, coat it with caulk and let it sit 24 hours before turning on the pump again.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: SerenityIV
Assuming epoxy or silicone doesn't work, you'll need to cut the PVC pipe just after the pump connection and use a new connector (as above). Use a pump union so that, if it continues to leak, you can tighten the connection or use more teflon tape/paste/dope. Just be careful not to overtighten it and crack the pump outlet.

Reactions: SerenityIV
You can try

Or

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.