leak at the mastertemp heater port/manifold junction?

aaron_w_o

Bronze Supporter
Apr 15, 2018
ottawa, ontario, canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi, please look at this video and the photos. This is an unusual location for a leak isnt it? There is clearly a seam on both ports, but I am not sure how it could produce a leak. Is this a matter of needing o-rings, or tightening something? I do I need to get some marine epoxy and seal that seam up? any thoughts or experience with a plumbing leak at this location on a mastertemp heater? video of drip

That part unscrews and it has an O-ring.

Undo the union and unscrew the part and check the O-ring and lubricate the O-ring and reinstall the part.

Replace the O-ring if it is bad.

pentair-6290-52505.jpg

pentair-6290-52504.jpg

pentair-6290-525dims.jpg

Reactions: aaron_w_o
Disconnect the upper water pipe and maybe the gas line to move the heater to get access to the header connector.

Reactions: JamesW
Maybe undo the top union so that you can slide the heater back or sideways enough to get the part out as long as you don't stress the gas line.

The gas line should have a union that can be undone if you feel comfortable doing that.

Ya so taking the top one off allowed me to wiggle things enough to get it apart. Cleaned and lubed it all and re-assembled. Seems ok but the area still wet so need to give it a day. I also wondered if the castle might not have been tight enough and it was leaking down and looking like the outflow port. We shall see.

Reactions: JamesW
Ya so taking the top one off allowed me to wiggle things enough to get it apart. Cleaned and lubed it all and re-assembled. Seems ok but the area still wet so need to give it a day. I also wondered if the castle might not have been tight enough and it was leaking down and looking like the outflow port. We shall see.
Dang still a drip. Will have to try again tomorrow. It’s either still the output port or the castle. Can’t make things much tighter… not sure what the issue is. Seems like the leak is on the seam between the manifold and the small extender piece.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.