Intex Pump & SWG wont auto restart

Jul 12, 2016
Southeast, GA
I recently purchased a Intex Pump & Sand filter model# SF80110-2 and a Intex SWG model# ECO6110.

Both are working great until there is a power cycle. If the power goes off for any amount of time, neither will power back on automatically. I have to go out and turn the pump back on and turn the SWG back on at the time of day I want the timer to start. There is no operational issue, according to their support line this is normal.

Doesn't make sense to me for a pool pump and swg to require the power button to be pressed with every power cycle or flicker. This is not going to work for me when I travel as I could loose control of the water balance.

Three years ago I purchased the same Intex components, with the same specs but the model had changed since. The older units did not require the power button to be pressed with a power cycle so this was not something I expected or considered. With the older models I actually had both plugged into timers so I could control exactly when the pump & swg operated. I had planned to do the same with these but that will not work....

If anyone is aware of a work around, please let me know. Otherwise, buyer beware.

I plan to try to return both as this is just not logical to me so I will have to do some research on a good pump-sand filter & swg. Returning may not be an option since both have been installed so I may have both for sale....

There is no operational issue, according to their support line this is normal.
Wow. That really is an inconvenient design flaw if that's the case. Defeats the whole purpose of automation. What were they thinking? :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.