Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

I meant go take pictures of your actual equipment, because what you have shown there will absolutely fit together:

Gotcha, sorry! So, I've tried, my husband has tried. It seems the threads on the return are slightly too big to fit in the hose adapter. Just slightly. It's so weird.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7
Gotcha, sorry! So, I've tried, my husband has tried. It seems the threads on the return are slightly too big to fit in the hose adapter. Just slightly. It's so weird.

That is really weird. It certainly looks like it should fit from your pictures, but I certainly imagine that you and/or your husband are capable of screwing something in. I’m not sure what to make of that. I’m going to send you a PM with another idea.

That is really weird. It certainly looks like it should fit from your pictures, but I certainly imagine that you and/or your husband are capable of screwing something in. I’m not sure what to make of that. I’m going to send you a PM with another idea.
Haha, yeah I think if it was possible, between the two of us, we'd be able to do it. Husband is prepared to try and make a split on the main output line with pvc and shut off valves, but I was really hoping there would be a simpler solution, like an adapter of some sort. Also, it screws on just fine to the inner threads of the bigger return that came with our sand pump

If you got a bigger return with your sand pump you can cut the lining on your pool and install that. It sounds scary, but it’s not really that difficult to do. I posted instructions for that in another thread. I’ll try to find them so I can post them here.

If you got a bigger return with your sand pump you can cut the lining on your pool and install that. It sounds scary, but it’s not really that difficult to do. I posted instructions for that in another thread. I’ll try to find them so I can post them here.

Yeah...I'm not so sure about that one. Not a bad idea but we're definitely a little intimidated that we'll destroy the pool. Plus we already bought adapters to attached the 1.25 hoses to the 1.5 connectors on the pump

Here are the instructions to cut the liner to install the bigger return:

That looks like one of the ends that take water from the pool to the pump.
The cleaner goes on the pressure side where the water goes back into the pool from the pump.

We have this exact return but the intex pool cleaner won't screw on to it. It's not the right size?

I have the same issue with my 15x42 in pool. The new update vacuum won’t screw on the the return. The thread pattern is different.

Funny thing, not really, is that the vacuum screws into the intake valve easily. I also upgraded the pump and it included a 1.5” return valve that is have not installed. I tried the grey attachment and it works for that. So intex did something with changing the thread pattern on the return valve.

I meant go take pictures of your actual equipment, because what you have shown there will absolutely fit together:

View attachment 142256
View attachment 142257
It doesn’t fit on ours either. We have the 1-1/4 return that looks like what you show, and the new auto vac adapter, and try as I may, they just will NOT screw together :(. I just cannot figure out what is going on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The thread is different on the return valve then outlet to the pump. The vacuum will attach the outlet/suction but it is not supposed to work that way.

We are going to put in the 1.5” valve on the return this weekend. It fits the 1.5 “ return that came with the sand pump.

Last edited:
It doesn’t fit on ours either. We have the 1-1/4 return that looks like what you show, and the new auto vac adapter, and try as I may, they just will NOT screw together :(. I just cannot figure out what is going on.

Yeah, it seems like the newer pools have a slightly different sized fitting. I have no idea why intex would change the fitting like that, especially to something that’s so close, but not quite the same as the old one.

Reactions: johnnierotten
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.