Intellicenter Quote confusion.

maggiesfan

Gold Supporter
Jan 1, 2017
Tucson Arizona
I have just had a quote for an Intellicenter install, I also asked for an Intelliph to be installed along with a Mastertemp heater,
On the quote these are the items quoted, Intellicenter I5PS personality kit, Screen Logic phone app interface and IntelliChem controller with tank.
Does that make sense?, I already have a IC40 installed.
Thanks

Intellichem is not intelliph. Intellichem is a closed loop ph control system, whereas intelliph is just a timed acid dispenser.

I don't believe you need any screen logic stuff with intellicenter. I don't use any anyway.

Intellichem is not intelliph. Intellichem is a closed loop ph control system, whereas intelliph is just a timed acid dispenser.

I don't believe you need any screen logic stuff with intellicenter. I don't use any anyway.
Thanks for the reply, any thoughts on what would be better the intellichem, or the Intelliph?, also how is your ic-40 hooked up to the Intellicenter?

Since you already have an ic-40 with an external transformer you would just use a relay to feed 120/220v to the transformer. Not many people like the intellichem. I only use the intelliph.

The intellichem is great at maintaining a set pH. That part of it work fantastically. Been running for about 8 months and haven't had a lick of trouble with this. I don't know what control over an intelliph the intellicenter can have. I believe @MyAZPool has an intelliph on an intellicenter and is an expert on intellicenter.

The part people don't like about the intelichem is it's control of the IC-40 by using ORP as a proxy for free chlorine.

My IC-40 is physically hooked to and powered by the intellicenter. I don't know if the system can be configured so the IC-40 just runs under the control of the intellicenter without using the ORP readings from the intellichem or not. I think if you configured the intellichem in its setup with no intellichlor, them maybe the intellicenter would run the IC-40 open loop. Not sure and the manuals are too vague to answer this question.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thanks for the input, I had a feeling that I didn’t need the screen logic, I will see what I can find out about the wireless connectivity, or I may just run a cat5 cable from my router to the Intellicenter.
I realize that the intellichem and the Intelliph are different products, am I right in thinking that intelliph has it’s own interface and is not controlled by the Intellicenter, at this point in time?
Is it possible that the IC-40’s transformer can be installed in the Intellicenter enclosure?

Thanks for the input, I had a feeling that I didn’t need the screen logic, I will see what I can find out about the wireless connectivity, or I may just run a cat5 cable from my router to the Intellicenter.
I realize that the intellichem and the Intelliph are different products, am I right in thinking that intelliph has it’s own interface and is not controlled by the Intellicenter, at this point in time?

IntelliCenter control of the IntelliPh is in Pentairs future plans.

@MyAZPool has the IntelliCenter and IntellipH. Have you read his review of it in...

Is it possible that the IC-40’s transformer can be installed in the Intellicenter enclosure?

The parts to do that cost more then buying the external Power Center.

M,

My suggestion is to not install any pH control system until you really know that you need it. Most people do not.

The main problem with the ipH is that it takes over control of the IC40...

I add a little acid once a week, and while a pH system might be "cool" to have, it is not really needed in most cases.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You do not need ScreenLogic with the IntelliCenter. It has cat-5 network connectivity as standard. There is a module to add on for wireless connectivity to your home network.
@ajw22.
Allen, I just saw that as well. Hmmm, that raises red flags with me. Any vendor or installer who would give me a quote for an IntelliCenter and the next line, includes the ScreenLogic "phone app interface", tells me immediately that they have no idea what they are talking about. I would immediately begin to wonder that if they have no clue that the IntelliCenter does NOT require screenlogic or any other type of "interface", what else do they not have a clue about regarding installation, etc. Maybe, I should cut them some slack and just assume that possibly, they meant to say "Wi-Fi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z)", but they didn't. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@ajw22.
Allen, I just saw that as well. Hmmm, that raises red flags with me. Any vendor or installer who would give me a quote for an IntelliCenter and the next line, includes the ScreenLogic "phone app interface", tells me immediately that they have no idea what they are talking about. I would immediately begin to wonder that if they have no clue that the IntelliCenter does NOT require screenlogic or any other type of "interface", what else do they not have a clue about regarding installation, etc. Maybe, I should cut them some slack and just assume that possibly, they meant to say "Wi-Fi Link Kit (Primary Client Bridge) (P/N 522475Z)", but they didn't. :p
I must admit I wondered that myself which is why I asked about it in my first post, I know I will need someone to install the system for me apart from the cat5 to the unit, my router is about a foot away from where the Intellicenter will be, soI can run that myself. Do you have any recommendations for a good installer in Tucson??

M,

My suggestion is to not install any pH control system until you really know that you need it. Most people do not.

The main problem with the ipH is that it takes over control of the IC40...

I add a little acid once a week, and while a pH system might be "cool" to have, it is not really needed in most cases.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I am definitely leaning towards your suggestion Jim, thanks for the idea ?

maggiesfan
Yes, the IntellipH has it's own control panel. The IntelliChlor cell connects "through" the IntellipH controller since they both use the same source of power. @Jimrahbe, makes a good point, does somewhat take control of the IC-40 cell. But honestly, I just don't use that feature. I control my IntelliChlor from my IntelliCenter user interfaces. Correct, that no control over the IntellipH can be had through IntelliCenter. That is one advantage to IntelliChem. The IntelliChem is controlled through IntelliCenter. I agree with @scottts about the ph side of IntelliChem being pretty reliable (from what I have read) but the ORP function for chlorine management, maybe not so much.

If I understand your question. You would like to remove your existing IC-40 transformer (and the IntelliChlor Controller Circuit Board) from its current housing and use that in a new IntelliCenter Load Center (so you do not have to "repurchase" it again)? If that is your question, then yes, you can purchase an IntelliCenter without the salt cell, transformer and circuit board and then just remove those items from your current IntelliChlor housing and re-install in the correct locations within the IntelliCenter Load Center.
r.

I must admit I wondered that myself which is why I asked about it in my first post, I know I will need someone to install the system for me apart from the cat5 to the unit, my router is about a foot away from where the Intellicenter will be, soI can run that myself. Do you have any recommendations for a good installer in Tucson??
A foot away? Wow, did you luck out. lol...

@maggiesfan
I really appreciate @ajw22 (Allen), for referring you to that thread Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information, that I began back in late 2018. But there is a lot of material there that might throw you off track right for the moment or in the beginning here.

May I recommend that you take a look at the first 5 posts of the following thread. My intent there was to just provide some basic information to the user who just needs to first become familiar with the parts and pieces and the basic features of the IntelliCenter. Just to "get your feet wet", so to speak...

You may also find some useful information, with regards to your question of possibly removing the components of your existing IntelliChlor Power Center and Installing them in the IntelliCenter Load Center.
Take care,
r.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
@maggiesfan
I really appreciate @ajw22 (Allen), for referring you to that thread Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information, that I began back in late 2018. But there is a lot of material there that might throw you off track right for the moment or in the beginning here.

May I recommend that you take a look at the first 5 posts of the following thread. My intent there was to just provide some basic information to the user who just needs to first become familiar with the parts and pieces and the basic features of the IntelliCenter. Just to "get your feet wet", so to speak...

You may also find some useful information, with regards to your question of possibly removing the components of your existing IntelliChlor Power Center and Installing them in the IntelliCenter Load Center.
Take care,
r.
Thanks for the info and the reference, I’ll get reading.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Interesting conversation here. Only thing I can add is when I purchased the I8PS package it came with the internet bridge and a cat-5 cable so all I had to do is mount the antenna module next to the panel and then I could just pair with my local network. I'll check the invoice but I don't think it was an additional add-on to the package they sold.

Chris

*** Edit *** Yes confirmed the Pentair part number was 521994. Included WiFi and two valve actuators plus the panel. $1939.95 including shipping.

Last edited:
Interesting conversation here. Only thing I can add is when I purchased the I8PS package it came with the internet bridge and a cat-5 cable so all I had to do is mount the antenna module next to the panel and then I could just pair with my local network. I'll check the invoice but I don't think it was an additional add-on to the package they sold.

Chris

*** Edit *** Yes confirmed the Pentair part number was 521994. Included WiFi and two valve actuators plus the panel. $1939.95 including shipping.
The item number listed on the quote I was given for the Intellicenter I5PS, wasn’t a Pentair number, it must be an in house number, however the cost was $4000, ?

The item number listed on the quote I was given for the Intellicenter I5PS, wasn’t a Pentair number, it must be an in house number, however the cost was $4000, ?
maggiesfan
$4000.00? I don't know exactly what you were quoted on or all of the details, but just from what I perceive that you are looking to do, that seems ridiculous.

Give these guys a call on Monday. Not only do they seem to have the most competitive prices, but no taxes and no shipping charges and super fast shipping.
Also, they are pretty knowledgeable on IntelliCenter and customer service oriented as well, and they can guide you along as to what you need considering you already have the IntelliChlor. And then you can bounce what they have to say, off us here.

When are you looking to get this done by? You can shoot me a PM with all of the details. I would really be interested in seeing the quote as to what you are trying to get done. If you are not sold on this one vendor, I might be able to help. I'll tell you however, that I'm pretty busy over the next couple of months, but since, you're only an hour and a half away and it appears, that you just need to do an IntelliCenter upgrade, I may be able to help you out if you are not in a hurry to get this done.

I never ask for compensation (I'm retired), other than gas expenses, but I have been known to work "for food" on occasion, or an occasional starbucks gift card lol... Just ask a couple of other's here on TFP. :p

Anyway, give PolyTec a call and let's see where that gets us and if you would like, you can fill me in on the specifics on the PM side.
Take care.
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: maggiesfan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.