IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

I see that 2.006 has re-appeared on the Pentair download page with the following note:

The recently released firmware 2.006 for IntelliCenter Pool Control and Monitoring Systems was found to have a few reported issues. This firmware is the most advanced yet, but there are select situations that may merit reverting back to firmware 1.064 for a brief period if the workarounds cannot be applied.

It looks like they have simply opened up the same software download again. Surely not? Surely they would have applied some fixes and given us 2.007? This is truly terrifying!

Agree. This is quite unprofessional! 2.006 was so bad, Pentair removed it from their website and provided instructions to revert back to a prior release. Now - I guess after a period of reflection - 2.006 is good enough, but if you try it and have issues (which there were many!) then revert back "for a brief period". A "brief period" in Pentair speak could be months, even a year or more! What happened to the "Glitches happen - we are working on correcting the issue with an interim patch release going out by OTA in Feb" guidance @MyAZPool received from them a month ago .... The good news is that at some point this will be resolved satisfactorily, and we will be appreciative then and move forward. Patience!

Reactions: SA Pentair User
Has Pentair pushed 2.006 as a OTA update directly to panels or just listed its availability on the website?

2.006 may be fine for new installations, simple configurations, or where it fixes a known problem a customer has. So making it available on the website is fine. I think Pentair should have a list of known problems with 2.006 so customers can evaluate if they may encounter problems before loading it.

Pentair continues to demo they are rookies in managing software releases.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
I'm still running 2.006. I will say that I've not found any negative impact, and it holding freeze control on primary circuits is a major safety add. Granted, I do NOT have any child controllers.

My guess is they're debating between new bugs versus probably an influx of law suits/complaints about pools freezing over due to a fatal flaw. Just speculation...

I was asking if Pentair is still pushing 2.006 OTA after they put ir back on the website after they pulled it from release?
I checked as I had reverted back to 1.064. No push OTA and via settings - check for update, it says I’m up to date. I do have the option on boot up to select an alternative firmware ( including 2.006) via pressing on the gears icon in bottom right corner.

Enhanced RS-485 communications
The RS-485 "enhancements" in 2.006 don't work with my AquaCal heat pump. After the HP spins up, there is a RS-485 glitch, the compressor coasts down, and the HP shows a comm fault. I reverted back to 1.064 and the HP works perfectly again.

Reactions: MyAZPool
The RS-485 "enhancements" in 2.006 don't work with my AquaCal heat pump. After the HP spins up, there is a RS-485 glitch, the compressor coasts down, and the HP shows a comm fault. I reverted back to 1.064 and the HP works perfectly again.
I think my master / slave panels talk via RS485 and that did not work so I had to revert back. Lights controlled from the sub panel were a mess and so were (at least) some of the aux circuits…

Hope we get a 2.1x release soon!

Reactions: MyAZPool
Post FW update report:
Wireless Indoor Control Panel will not pick up configuration from Outdoor Control Panel.
It has connectivity it just won't update the configuration. (Can't update config from USB--not an option.)
Result is that "Spa" and related features i.e. Spa Light have disappeared from the remote control.
Temperature sensors do not show temp on remote control.
Clock does not have correct time on remote control.
Everything in the main OCP works as it should.
The update made my wireless remote a doorstop.

HAPPY UPDATE: I let the battery drain all the way to zero on the Wireless Controller and after charging when it came back to life, it pulled the configuration from the OCP.
All working now!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think my master / slave panels talk via RS485 and that did not work so I had to revert back. Lights controlled from the sub panel were a mess and so were (at least) some of the aux circuits…

Hope we get a 2.1x release soon!
@SA Pentair User
I know you have been experiencing quite a few problems with that latest push. How about doing me a favor and slip over to the following link and do a write-up for me on all of your (unfortunately bad) experiences. Especially with your multiple panels. I promise to put it right in the laps of the the folks I will be meeting with, in a couple of weeks.
Thanks...
r.
IntelliCenter Meeting

Sorry if this has already been previously answered (I did read through the entire thread and tried all of the suggested workarounds/fixes).

Is there any workaround to the spillway issue in 2.006? I've made sure to have pool mode turned on at the same time and I've also checked to make sure that the feature circuit I'm using still has the "Spillway" Circuit Type selected, but so far no joy...

I'd rather not rollback since I've seen at least one instance of someone saying that it randomly borked some of their settings and so far I haven't had any other noticeable issues with 2.006. I'm also glad to be getting any updates at all after waiting so long for certain features to be finally released and I don't want Pentair to regret attempting to make improvements and instead forever stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mantra, haha. Still crossing my fingers for IntelliValve and Google Home support someday...and the changelog looks like they may be making some initial progress on the IntelliValve front!

Is there any workaround to the spillway issue in 2.006? I've made sure to have pool mode turned on at the same time and I've also checked to make sure that the feature circuit I'm using still has the "Spillway" Circuit Type selected, but so far no joy...
Create a schedule to turn pool mode on 1 minute in advance and pool mode off 1 minute after spillway is scheduled to turn on/off. Spillway is on for 20 minutes twice a day for me. Pool mode is on for 22 minutes twice a day.

For me, using scheduled feature circuits to run my pump speeds during the day allows me to keep the IC60 off. Yes, I have set the percentage to zero but this also lets me keep all lights off on the IC60 except for the 44 minutes it is scheduled to run to make spillway work. YMMV

Reactions: JaredF
Create a schedule to turn pool mode on 1 minute in advance and pool mode off 1 minute after spillway is scheduled to turn on/off. Spillway is on for 20 minutes twice a day for me. Pool mode is on for 22 minutes twice a day.

For me, using scheduled feature circuits to run my pump speeds during the day allows me to keep the IC60 off. Yes, I have set the percentage to zero but this also lets me keep all lights off on the IC60 except for the 44 minutes it is scheduled to run to make spillway work. YMMV
Thanks for the response! I actually leave Pool Mode on 24/7 (I have an IntelliChem that controls the IntelliChlor) and activating the Spillway feature even while it's on doesn't seem to make a difference for me unfortunately.

That said, since you and so many others mentioned a link between Pool Mode and Spillway, I played around with it a bit and found that I can get it turn the valve correctly if I:
  1. Turn Pool Mode OFF
  2. Turn the Spillway feature ON
  3. Turn Pool Mode ON
Turning Spillway OFF afterwards while Pool Mode is on doesn't do anything, but if I then turn Pool Mode OFF again, then it switches the valve back to standard pool mode.

So at least now I have some kind of workaround where I can get it to run programmatically without putting the IntelliValve into service mode and manually moving it! It's not ideal, but I can live with it until Pentair issues an updated version.

@SA Pentair User
I know you have been experiencing quite a few problems with that latest push. How about doing me a favor and slip over to the following link and do a write-up for me on all of your (unfortunately bad) experiences. Especially with your multiple panels. I promise to put it right in the laps of the the folks I will be meeting with, in a couple of weeks.
Thanks...
r.
IntelliCenter Meeting
Done and thanks!

Reactions: JaredF
Last week, I lost communication to the Intellicenter through the app and through my home assistant integration. I went out to the panel and saw that there was a firmware update to 2.006. I clicked update and everything seemed to be working, except my IC-40 lost communication (I didn't notice until 2 days ago because I have been using liquid chlorine and the update apparently turned off all of my notifications). I followed the instructions to rollback the firmware. It didn't work exactly when I tried to rollback to 1.064. It would confirm then reboot into 2.006, then after trying a reset again, the 1.064 wasn't even available to select. I ended up having to revert to 1.047 and then download 1.064 OTA to revert to 1.064.

After finally reverting to 1.064, my IC-40 still will not communicate or power on. I tried deleting and re-adding it, but still will not work. Any ideas on what I should try next?

Last week, I lost communication to the Intellicenter through the app and through my home assistant integration. I went out to the panel and saw that there was a firmware update to 2.006. I clicked update and everything seemed to be working, except my IC-40 lost communication (I didn't notice until 2 days ago because I have been using liquid chlorine and the update apparently turned off all of my notifications). I followed the instructions to rollback the firmware. It didn't work exactly when I tried to rollback to 1.064. It would confirm then reboot into 2.006, then after trying a reset again, the 1.064 wasn't even available to select. I ended up having to revert to 1.047 and then download 1.064 OTA to revert to 1.064.

After finally reverting to 1.064, my IC-40 still will not communicate or power on. I tried deleting and re-adding it, but still will not work. Any ideas on what I should try next?
Just a follow-up. While the upgrade was the cause of the interruption of the communication between the IC-40 and Intellicenter, the fix ended up being something so simple that I can't believe I overlooked.

What was the fix? A reboot? ;-)
No, much more embarrassing than that. That would have fixed it when I turned off the power at the main panel to it to clear any volatile memory before rebooting.

If you have ever seen "The IT Crowd", I didn't follow the first basic rule of solving an IT issue. While I turned it off, apparently I never turned it back on again. My pump is scheduled to run 24/7 at a very low speed (consuming only 100 Watts), but is scheduled to run at a higher speed for 2 hours (during non-peak hours) to boost the skimmer. Everything (except the IC-40) worked the way it was supposed to. Pump speeds varied at the correct time, lights would come on, the waterslide and waterfall would work, and my heat pump registered correctly. I do not use the Intellicenter app except for configuration changes, and even then I would usually use the webpage at a PC. I use a custom integration through Home Assistant to control all aspects of the pool (noticed the IC-40 wasn't communicating when it's salt readout in Home Assistant was 0, and it was nice to see the exact time in history that the change occurred). So, while every other aspect of the pool was working, I never actually turned the "Pool" circuit on, so the IC-40 never turned on...🤦‍♂️

Reactions: SA Pentair User

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.