IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware

."Great question regarding RS485 enhancements for ITC (IntelliCenter).
And yes your assessment is correct. With the new RS485 enhancements in version 2.006, the overall bus and endpoint communications to the WCP (he might have meant OCP here), ICP, and expansion panels in the system has dramatically improved. The optimization in the protocol reduces latency at the panel and remote controllers – while rendering much faster communications driving automated lighting / water jet shows."
Great news on the improved communication between panels and the specific reference to this impacting lights. This has been a major bugbear for me and I am really hoping that when we get a non-beta version of IC2.xxx this will solve a long-standing issue for me 😀. That will be a massive improvement in my setup (genuinely!)

Strange, I have Pool/Spa and haven't seen any issues with 2.006. Freeze protection appears to work even with reboots. I'll definitely keep an eye on it when we have colder weather.

Same here. Pool/Spa and no issues with 2.006 so far....
Ditto. The two issues I had (can’t end a schedule with a SPA run, pool must be on for spillover) have easy work-arounds. I’m going to stick with 2.006 and not revert back. Sounds like Pentair is planning on releasing a new version soon.

Strange, I have Pool/Spa and haven't seen any issues with 2.006. Freeze protection appears to work even with reboots. I'll definitely keep an eye on it when we have colder weather.

Other than the issue I had with the clock being off, which has been corrected once I set it correctly, I am having no issues, that I am aware of with the 2.006 release.

As we are still in the winter months and dipping into freezing temps, I'll keep 2.006 so I don't have to worry about resetting the Pool and Spa circuit freeze protection if/when I lose power/reboot.

--Jeff

What's interesting with software development is the testing documentation. Normally, you'd see docs that would specify to run through these steps to test. Then the testers would run the document through its paces to flesh out any errors or bugs. We don't have that so some of us have had issues and have been instructed to roll back. Others no issues.

For me, no issues with 2.006. I have the i8ps, 2 intellivalves. No remotes. And an iPhone. I wonder if there is any commonality across the board for those that have found bugs.

1. Yes, a re-arch did occur.
2. Nothing drastic.
3. ✅
4. Multiple Teams yes but I know that they do coordinate.
5. The IntelliValve firmware is reported to occur in two phases (Phase I - adding RS-485 support on both the actuator side and IntelliCenter side and Phase II. - more advanced valve controls added to IntelliCenter features.)
Phase I work is reported to begin sometime shortly after this last firmware update and Phase II completion around Q4 of this year. We'll see.
6. :goodjob:
r.
@MyAZPool , based on your guidance above on the IntelliValve, is it your understand or expectation that existing IntelliValves will be able to support the more advanced valve control features once this comes available?

@MyAZPool , based on your guidance above on the IntelliValve, is it your understand or expectation that existing IntelliValves will be able to support the more advanced valve control features once this comes available?
Yes... However, we have heard that this feature will be coming ever since late 2018. So, don't hold your breath.
If it ever happens, then I guess that is when it will happen. ;)

Reactions: JaredF
So I am a very unhappy Pentair customer today… finally got to my Beach House which was upgraded to 2.006 a few weeks back. I thought that I had managed to work around all of the issues that this release brought but low and behold, I discovered that (at least) 2 Auxillary circuits simply did not work (they were both on the same expansion panel so I now suspect it may have been even more faulty circuits).

I decided to roll back to 1.064 in desperation and what a mess that made. It took me a couple of hours to fix things after the rollback. Expansion panels disappared, the Pool became a Spa (and I had 2 Spas), IntelliChem was lost and the names of 3 circuits had random additional characters added to the end of them (these characters show on the main control panels but not on the iOS app and may have appeared when upgrading to 2.006). I have not tried to fix them yet. A new circuit called Pool BXP2 has also appeared. Again this does not show on the app - tomorrow I will try and get rid of this circuit and fix the naming. Not how I had expected to spend a weekend at the Beach House!

• Wow
Reactions: JaredF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I'm also so mad at the moment. Pentair decided to update my panel without my intervention somehow. I think it might have had to do with a couple of power outages we had. Anyways, njsPC compatibility is now completely broken. I'm trying to revert to 1.064 but I receive the message "Firmware Already Installed Aborting Installation". Any idea of how to solve this? See picture attached for the different screens I went through. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 19
Well, I'm also so mad at the moment. Pentair decided to update my panel without my intervention somehow. I think it might have had to do with a couple of power outages we had. Anyways, njsPC compatibility is now completely broken. I'm trying to revert to 1.064 but I receive the message "Firmware Already Installed Aborting Installation". Any idea of how to solve this? See picture attached for the different screens I went through. Thanks!!
Why do you have a USB stick in your system?

Did you try following these instructions to revert your firmware…

I should have mentioned in my first post to backup your system settings to a USB drive before initiating a firmware upgrade.

Settings --> Advanced System Configuration --> Import/Export --> Export System Configuration --> Export to USB

Reactions: SA Pentair User
The pool guys here yesterday declined the 2.006 update but later that night it updated itself!

Rollback was easy. Hold button on panel to reboot and then click the gears icon (lower right) during reboot. Then choose firmware 1.064 to boot and choose delete 2.006.

Reactions: UtexasChris
Since you had issues, did you roll back via USB or via this process?
I used this process BUT I did not backup system settings first. I suspect that if I had backed up system settings and then restored them after the roll back this would have dealt with most of my issues.

I also suspect that most of my issues arose because I have multiple panels (a master and 2 slaves). Each has to be rolled back individually which is far from ideal. Most HA systems will manage the upgrade (and rollback / downgrade) of software centrally. I would expect Pentair to eventually get to this as it makes much more sense to have the system control the order in which panels are upgraded / downgraded. When upgrading, the instructions are to do the master panel first and then the slave panels. There are no instructions for roll back. I can see a logical reason to do slaves first ( i.e the reverse of an upgrade) and I can also see a logical argument that you still do the master panel first. The order may well mess with settings.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.