IntelliCenter 1.064 Firmware and New Mobile App IntelliCenter2

It looks like Intellichlor integration is now included! I'm not sure if this came in an earlier update and I missed it, but I went into the control panel under Chemistry and was able to add my Intellichlor SWG. Now I can monitor and control the salt generation from my phone/laptop.

View attachment 390178
That was always available. Not sure why you didn’t see it with previous versions.

Interesting. I tried adding it multiple times in the past, but no-go. Maybe the update knocked something loose in either Intellicenter or myself! Regardless, I'll take it!

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Any way to do the update remotely from IntelliCenter or iOS App if you aren't getting the prompt ... or is it a visit to the panel if you don't get the friendly popup update again?

Update: Went to Panel and selected check for updates.... took a while, went inside, opened original intellicenter app and it prompted again "do you want to upgrade to 1.064" did yes this time and all is well.

Last edited:
Intellichlor integration came with mine on day 1 (~ 3 years ago), so it definitely was not part of this update on my end. Glad you got it updated though as it makes it very easy to change the output, and much more precise than what you get on the unit itself.
Yeah, I've always had the SWG integration, I feel bad he was running manual for so long, but glad he's squared away now!

Reactions: jimbethesda
I updated my Intellicanter today with the new FW. No thumbdrive needed.
The only issue I have now is we are required to change to the new app Intellicenter2. I uploaded that app. It required me to change the PW since my old PW didn't meet the requirements of having at least one capital letter. Now I can't log into the new app or the old app. Help!!!

The only issue I have now is we are required to change to the new app Intellicenter2. I uploaded that app. It required me to change the PW since my old PW didn't meet the requirements of having at least one capital letter. Now I can't log into the new app or the old app. Help!!!
You taking about connecting remotely? Can you connect locally while at home?

Here is the link to the new site, including the forgot pw button:

I do still have a very frustrating issue the same as before on Intellicenter2: If I login (android, S21) and then go to ANY other app for more than a minute or so, the intellicenter2 app loses connection. The worst thing is it takes a full minute or two to realize it before reconnecting (even locally) - it lets you push circuit buttons but all the while nothing happens until it suddenly goes back to the connection screen and reconnects. The only way to fix it is to force close the app and restart it EVERY time I open it. It honestly would be far easier if it just automatically restarted every time I opened it. Anyone have a good workaround?

I was hoping there would be some battery option within android that could say "give this app whatever it needs to stay connected even in the background." I mean every single other app developer manages to do this, it can't be that hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterMcD
I do still a very frustrating issue the same as before on Intellicenter2: If I login (android, S21) and then go to ANY other app for more than a minute or so, the intellicenter2 app loses connection. The worst thing is it takes a full minute or two to realize it before reconnecting (even locally) - it lets you push circuit buttons but all the while nothing happens until it suddenly goes back to the connection screen and reconnects. The only way to fix it is to force close the app and restart it EVERY time I open it. It honestly would be far easier if it just automatically restarted every time I opened it. Anyone have a good workaround?

I was hoping there would be some battery option within android that could say "give this app whatever it needs to stay connected even in the background." I mean every single other app developer manages to do this, it can't be that hard.
Same issue with iOS, both old and new. I force close the app a lot due to this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You guys trying to get your watch to work should tell each other…

• What version AppleWatch
  • Watch OS version
  • IOS version
There may be a pattern to what works and doesn’t.
Great thing about Apple... they usually work well enough that I don't have to have much thought about which version of anything I am on. Has anyone not been able to get connected? The trick for me was connecting to the pool in the app via the remote interface... that seemed to make the software chain happy.

Freeze protection question. Seems like it is running at a higher temp than before. Is there a way to set what temp freeze protection runs? I couldn't find it on the webpage. My freeze guard was running even though air temp was 36 and I would like to set it lower.

Freeze protection question. Seems like it is running at a higher temp than before. Is there a way to set what temp freeze protection runs? I couldn't find it on the webpage. My freeze guard was running even though air temp was 36 and I would like to set it lower.
My understanding is that people just "calibrate" the temperature sensor to read a few degrees warmer than it is - not ideal but it works. It's in the main panel settings outside.

Last edited:
I found an "okay" simple workaround to the auto disconnect for those on android. I just created a tasker action that launches Intellicenter2 as a new instance each time, replacing the background instance. I then just exported that action as "apk" (an app) so that you can replace the Intellicenter2 app on your home screen with the tasker action app.

I have "auto connect local" checked, so it connects within a few seconds. It's much less annoying than opening the app and not realizing that it's not actually doing anything you're clicking on - because it disconnected in the background. Really shouldn't have to do something like this on a brand new app made by a 10 billion dollar company, but I realize I'm beating a dead horse there.

I have no idea if this launching app will work on other android devices, but I think it would because it's just saying "launch the Intellicenter2 package name as a new instance." If anybody wants to try, here's the apk:

Last edited:
Great thing about Apple... they usually work well enough that I don't have to have much thought about which version of anything I am on. Has anyone not been able to get connected? The trick for me was connecting to the pool in the app via the remote interface... that seemed to make the software chain happy.
I did get my Apple Watch to work. I wish I could post my exact steps so it can be helpful to others. I really just tried the same thing over and over again and it eventually worked.

My understanding is that people just "calibrate" the temperature sensor to read a few degrees warmer than it is - not ideal but it works. It's in the main panel settings outside.
Yes, this is exactly what we do here. You can adjust this from the app easily, and the new IntelliCenter2 app gives you true readout versus adjusted value, something only the panel did before, so that's a nice enhancement.

@matthewsunshineflorida
I thought I was the only one this annoyed. I wish there was a fix for iOS.

It’s odd to me they needed to create a completely “new” app. I didn’t have any issues updating, but what a pain for people. It’s not like this was a rushed release.

Connecting is significantly slower and random disconnects for me. I would think it’s just server load and working out the kinks, but it’s locally too.

I got nodejs-poolController up and running last month. Not having any issues with that after this firmware update so far.

@matthewsunshineflorida
Connecting is significantly slower and random disconnects for me. I would think it’s just server load and working out the kinks, but it’s locally too.

I got nodejs-poolController up and running last month.

I ran Cat6 to the panel a few months back because their wifi unit is trash. Since then, local access has been consistently a second or two and remote has been 5 or so seconds. I DEFINITELY want to look into nodejs soon too though actually - I already ran a second cat6 for a raspberry pi.

I would really like to get a cheap android tablet, mount it on the wall on the pool deck, and keep some kind of app up just always running - but intellicenter with its current bugs would confuse my guests more than it's worth unless I could find a way for it to keep always on and connected. Any insight into getting yours setup last month that might help?

Reactions: tomas21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.